iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movies featuring 80s fashion

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movies featuring 80s fashion
FeiLong
Rewind Curious
Member # 4347

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for FeiLong   Email FeiLong   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
I make a list of movies which features the 80s fashion in a big way.
Ruthless People
Tough Guys
Earth Girls Are Easy
Modern Girls

I want to finish with the quote from http://www.moderngirlsmovie.com

"Modern Girls isn't notable for anything but its crassness, which is exceptionally complete. It isn't worth seeing, but it might be worth putting in a time capsule. Twenty years from now, no one will believe life was ever lived this way." - Janet Maslin (NY Times), December 5, 1986

Posts: 7 | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noikz
Master Rewinder
Member # 1000

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for noikz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Girls just want to have fun. Helen Hunt looked super-sexy in this. Grrr. [Wink]
Posts: 239 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, ummmm, Valley Girl? Man, all they did was shop at the Galleria for cool new clothes.
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FeiLong
Rewind Curious
Member # 4347

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for FeiLong   Email FeiLong   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:
Hi, ummmm, Valley Girl? Man, all they did was shop at the Galleria for cool new clothes.

your nick is cindymancini and you're from Shopping at the Galleria! so which one do you like more Can't Buy Me Love or Valley Girl [Smile]
Posts: 7 | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FeiLong:
quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:

your nick is cindymancini and you're from Shopping at the Galleria! so which one do you like more Can't Buy Me Love or Valley Girl [Smile]
Well Cindy Mancini was definitely a clothes horse. I mean did you see her in the beginning of Can't Buy Me Love with the all the Neiman Marcus & Benetton bags? She could totally hang with Julie, Stacey, Loryn and Susie at the mall.
Haha! [Razz]

As for my favorite, I can't even begin to decide a question like that. Both movies rock!

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just One of the Guys
Tuff Turf

Bob

Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

To answer your question for Cindy

Can't Buy Me Love for the actual story.

Valley Girl for the soundtrack.

As for clothing, Sixteen Candles.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dream a Little Dream
Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So many to mention, but one stood out which no one talks about is Rosanna Arquette's first movie Pretty Smart which has a plethora of 80's fashions. Also Princess Academy, and Out of Bounds which Jenny Wright has some real over the top fashions.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fast Times at Ridgemont high, seemed to have quite a bit of reference in it.
Posts: 199 | From: Overland Park | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home