iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » LOST BOYS 2 PETITION - Help stop this blasphemy!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LOST BOYS 2 PETITION - Help stop this blasphemy!
Fang
Rewinder
Member # 5593

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fang   Email Fang   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For what it is worth, here is an online petition begging, no, demanding that Warner Bros don't besmirch the absolutely stunning original 1987 vampire comedy horror The Lost Boys with a crappy sequel!

THIS IS A TERRIBLE IDEA!

I don't want a sequel FULL STOP as any attempt to replicate the style and excellence of the original is doomed!

Please sign this petition and vent your rage at money hungry disrespectful hordes at Warner Bros!

http://petition.lostcave.net/

Posts: 33 | From: London England | Registered: Feb 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Warner Brothers can do whatever they want. If you don't want to see the movie, then just don't watch it.
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The man's right. Warner Bros. won't care about any sorta petition. Somebody out there will go see it. If they think it'll make anything, it will be made and released. Who are we to tell what should and should not be released.
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fang
Rewinder
Member # 5593

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fang   Email Fang   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Completely the wrong attitude guys.

Yes I agree, I doubt the petition will actually stop the film but what is more important is that they know how furious and disgusted the fans are that they planning this film at all. You're saying we should all just sit back and let them drag a classic through the mud? Even Joel Schumacher the original director has said it's a ludricrous idea.

Sorry, but I have to do something to try and prevent this abomination. Warner Bros has no respect for it's own film. They need to understand the level of cult the original has achieved and respect that.

Posts: 33 | From: London England | Registered: Feb 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crappy movies come and go. What's another one gonna mean? Absolutely nothing. Some will watch it, and some won't. I seem to be a crappy movie magnet, so I'll probably see it. I agree with Motley and Steven...a petition won't stop anything.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fang
Rewinder
Member # 5593

Rate Member
And I agreed with that! But all the fans just want Warner to know how strongly we object to it being made at all! Sure, crappy movies come and go so why don't they make a ****e vampire movie without dragging down the credability of the original? It will besmirch the classic by mere association!
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree i dont think warner bros are going to listen but im still going to sign it because they still need to know that sooooo many people are against this
Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fang
Rewinder
Member # 5593

Rate Member
THANK YOU BLAKE! Voice of Reason and someone who cares as much as I do!
fairytayle_17
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4041

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for fairytayle_17   Email fairytayle_17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will definitely sign it.I'm not arguing that a petition will stop it. Warner Bros have the power to do whatever they want... But surely they must have some idea of what making a sequel would do to the fans of the original. There are some movies just better left alone. The Lost Boys is one of them. The cult status and the massive amount of followers will mean nothing with a botched/badly made sequel, which it certainly will be.
Posts: 58 | From: Isle of Wight, England | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I once signed the keep Christopher Lee in 'Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King' petition too...didn't make a lick of difference.

Just remember, a bad sequel doesn't mean a thing, especially one that goes straight to DVD(dare I mention 'The Hitcher 2'?...and that even had C.Thomas Howell in it), you just never ever talk about it in relation to the original, after all, how many people even recognise 'Grease 2' as a legit sequel to 'Grease', ever mention 'American Graffiti 2' or the 'Star Wars Christmas Special'?

[ 24. February 2007, 18:45: Message edited by: Kash ]

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fang
Rewinder
Member # 5593

Rate Member
All good points Kash. Still, even a good film like Teen Wolf is splattered with crap for standing too close next to it's own diabolical sequel. I just don't want The Lost Boys good name ruined. Sign! Sign! Sign! Just for the sake of it if nothing else!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home