iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80s Movie Star Crushes (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 80s Movie Star Crushes
Hordak
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1772

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Hordak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First actress I ever obsessed over was Helen Slater as 'Supergirl' (aged 9/10, 1985/6??). Everything about her, from the exquisitely pretty face, flowing blonde hair, jaw-slackening figure, and - last but not least - that husky voice, just totally slayed me. So much so, that for about the next 2-3 years (which seemed like a lifetime at that age) I honestly couldn't obsess about any other female full-stop; she just killed any 'contest' there might otherwise have been in my mind (even the delectable Ally Sheedy as 'Stephanie' in Short Circuit couldn't get a look-in....)

She was, for me, the perfect '10' in that movie, no matter how bad the movie was (and it certainly was BAD [Big Grin] ). Never seen a lovelier creature to this day.

Apart from Helen, only the pop stars Tiffany and Kylie Minogue had anything like the same effect on me later in the decade (had Tiff's poster on my wall for 2 years, whilst Ms Minogue continues to be outrageously fanciable in her late 30s).

Only on seeing the likes of Julia Roberts (Pretty Woman) and Madeleine Stowe (Revenge), did I feel I'd finally gotten 'over' Helen. But that was in the 90s, so they don't count [Smile]

Posts: 97 | From: Midlands, UK | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jayeh1969
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4654

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jayeh1969   Email jayeh1969   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was crushin' hard on Catherine Mary Stewart from the first time I saw her in 'The Last Starfighter'. The crush continued on through 'Night Of The Comet' & 'Mischief'.

I'm too old & jaded to have a crush on anybody now. ;(

Posts: 60 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
muffybuffy86
Rewind Curious
Member # 5663

16 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for muffybuffy86   Email muffybuffy86   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my crushes were not too good looking to some people (I'm looking in the direction of my sisters), but I loved Marc Price from Family Ties, and Danny from Fame.
Posts: 6 | From: new brunswick, canada | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 16  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mollyfan22
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5665

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Mollyfan22   Email Mollyfan22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John Cusack! He was great then and is still great. There is just something about him. I think it's because he is so genuine. Also I saw an interview with Minnie Driver and she said he was the best kisser out of all the actors she has kissed!
Posts: 15 | From: Portland, Me | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home