iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Breakdance/Breakin'

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Breakdance/Breakin'
Toys
Rewind Curious
Member # 5259

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Toys   Email Toys   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone out there agree that this is 1 quality film? Loved it when it was originally released and been trying to buy it on DVD for the last 10 years, asking everyone I know if they knew where I could purchase it from but everyone claimed to have no idea! Then, surprise, surprise, I get it for my birthday, absolutely over the moon.

Moto, it's good to talk. Not only did someone find it for me, they paid for it as well. What a treat.

Posts: 5 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kells
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5139

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for kells   Email kells   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi toys i agree with you a real great feelgood flim that brings me way back to my childhood and my breakin days!!!
Posts: 16 | From: belfast | Registered: Nov 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Kahuna
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5278

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Big Kahuna   Email Big Kahuna   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, I remember going to the theatre to see it as a frosh in HS...boy, those were the days. Never noticed this guy in it till now...

-

Posts: 23 | From: okc, ok | Registered: Dec 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MoonDragon
Rewind Curious
Member # 6714

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MoonDragon   Email MoonDragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering if anyone knows the nameof the instrumental song from Breakin'? It's the one that Franco was dancing to when he 'put the moves' on Kelly at the studio. The song when she was dancing as he told her "to the mirror" I love that melody and I haven't been able to get the music out of head since I was a kid, and I really want to know what the name of the song is. If anyone knows it, can you please post it. Thanks so Much : )
Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might want to check out THIS LINK.........

I bet many people here don't know that we have our very own tribute site to this movie!

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In fact, of you look closely on the UK release DVD, you'll find the rewind Logo.. We supplied the extras for the DVD! [Smile]
Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MoonDragon:
I was wondering if anyone knows the nameof the instrumental song from Breakin'?

Its called "Franco's Tango" by Gary Malkin... I tried very hard to get this licensed for the UK DVD, but they didn't want to pay... [Frown]
Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was a good flick!
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Look at him go... [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
van damme rules
Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J.L.
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6665

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for J.L.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ahh Van Damme...

This movie was legend.
I have a friend who has the DVD

Posts: 12 | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"There's no stoppin' us, there's no stoppin'.....no one does it better."

-

Just watched Breakin'. How cheesy is this film? VERY! For some reason I still like watching it. Has some very catchy beats and songs....like "Breakin': There's No Stoppin' Us." Gotta love Ice Tea as the rapper and DJ, but most of all, Jean Claude Van Damme dancing in the background during the dance in the park scene! Cracks me up!

-

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that Breakin' is 80's dated, but I still love it!!

I want one of those TKO Crew jackets...don't you?

My favorite dance scene next to the African Anteater Ritual from CBML is from Breakin' to the song "Ain't Nobody" when Ozone & Turbo teach Kelly how to Breakdance. Third would be in the dance studio with the mirrors.

Make fun of me with JCVD.. I can take it!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a pile of fun, some of it's cheesy but it's entertaining.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this one as well...great memories. I actually just got part two for Christmas and have yet to see it. I loathe the new cover...my wife made me a new one to reflect the original, then I bought a second copy when I seen the original cover...for $4.99.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for johnny76   Email johnny76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This movie inspired me to be the great breakdancer that I was !!! Gonna break out the boombox later and see if I still got the old moves. [Big Grin] Jam on it !
Posts: 225 | From: Pa. | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home