iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Christmas Vacation (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Christmas Vacation
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya Muffy, I thought that was pretty funny. I guess it's animal instinct!

I can't get enough of this movie during he Holidays. I watched it again this weekend. Too many great one liners!!

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was on the other night and my husband put it on. My daughter asked me if Id seen it yet and I said "ohmyGod Ive seen that movie at least 6 times" She said "That good, huh?" but the truth of the matter is I actually prefer EUROPEAN VACATION. I catch this one cuz they play it on TV a lot near Christmas and I love that squirrel scene! I told her if I come across it while channel-surfing and I know the squireel scene is coming up I'll watch JUST for the squireel scene. (I do the same thing with CADDYSHACK and the candy bar in the pool scene)
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nostalgic for the '80's
Ace Rewinder
Member # 37454

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Nostalgic for the '80's   Email Nostalgic for the '80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NL's Christmas Vacation is definitely my favorite "Vacation" film & probably my favorite Christmas film as well. Laugh-out-loud funny, with a lot of hilarious scenes.
Posts: 400 | Registered: Sep 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to try and wait until November to dive in to this thread, but I'm super excited to watch it. My wife saw a bottle of wine called "Kith and Kin" last week and bought it for our first viewing of the movie this year. Can't wait!

"It's all part of the experience, honey."

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rewatched Christmas Vacation and i have to say that it´s on par with European Vacation but the original is easily the best of the bunch.

I like the animated opening sequence and the theme tune is perfect.
Chase is funny but you know all the jokes beforehand so it feels like the writing is a little bit lazy.
My favorite scenes are the one that happens in the mall and the daydream sequence.
Both include superhot Nicolette Scorsese.

Hughes offered the film to Chris Columbus but he couldn´t get along with Chase so rookie Jeremiah Chechik got the job.
John of course had another script for Chris called Home Alone and we all know what happened with that one.

Chevy & Nicolette
 -

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home