iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Name of 80s Marketing Comedy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Name of 80s Marketing Comedy
eesa
Rewind Curious
Member # 5059

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for eesa   Author's Homepage   Email eesa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have forgotten the name of a movie I desperately want to see again. It is about a nuthouse. Somehow a connection is made between the nuthouse and a big marketing firm. Next thing you know the nuts in the nuthouse are doing all the concetualzing of marketing plans for big companies. Stars a bunch of B grade 80s Comedians.
Help Please

Posts: 3 | From: Vermont | Registered: Oct 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CRAZY PEOPLE starring Dudley Moore?
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eesa
Rewind Curious
Member # 5059

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for eesa   Author's Homepage   Email eesa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I think thats it. Duldley moore was definitely in it. What a great movie. Im gonna re-rent it now. thanks
Posts: 3 | From: Vermont | Registered: Oct 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eesa
Rewind Curious
Member # 5059

Rate Member
oh snap. it was done in 1990 thats why I couldnt find it.
maxwellhauser
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4968

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for maxwellhauser   Email maxwellhauser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought a Jaguar a couple years after Crazy People came out. Perhaps that movie planted a seed in my subconscious that led to that decision?
Posts: 57 | From: Katy, TX | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was that the "Yes, I want a handj*b" ad?
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

"You don't have to admit your ugly."

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxwellhauser
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4968

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for maxwellhauser   Email maxwellhauser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mamamia - yes, that was the ad.

Best moment in the movie:

"I like little boys."

I think my favorite characters were the hello guy and Saab.

Posts: 57 | From: Katy, TX | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oreb
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5007

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Oreb   Email Oreb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't like dudley moore and didn't like that movie. he always seems like such an alcoholic to me. but, hey, rest in peace man.
Posts: 55 | From: Croatia | Registered: Sep 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxwellhauser
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4968

Rate Member
Oreb,

Though he did become most famous for playing a lush in Arthur, by the 90s his speech was definitely slurring and he was forgetting his lines. He had trouble getting roles, and most people assumed he had a drinking problem. It turned out that he had a debilitating brain disease that caused these problems.

Dudley Moore was a funny man, fine actor, plus an accomplished jazz and classical pianist. The end of his life was tragic. Just about everyone abandoned him and he became an invalid. I saw an interview on TV that he did towards the end, and it was wrenching.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home