iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Horror Movies (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Horror Movies
Chucky
Rewinder
Member # 4575

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chucky   Email Chucky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NowhereGirl, thanks.

I got myself Chopping Mall, which really is quite cheesey but its okay. Havent got Dolls yet!! But i did get Goulies 1&2, umm what can i say, well i didnt bother watching number 2!!!!!

What about Critters and Gremlins ( i love gremlins 1&2), can we call them horror!!!!?

Ive just realised i forgot to add my all time favourite film/s.

CHILDS PLAY

(love them all)

Posts: 36 | From: Swindon, UK | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Les Anderson
Rewind Curious
Member # 5107

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Les Anderson   Email Les Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone remember My Demon Lover? more of a comedy than horror but its really cool, i actually bought it on video last yr, since it has yet to come to dvd.
Posts: 4 | From: Southern California | Registered: Oct 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sfreak
Master Rewinder
Member # 3922

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sfreak   Email 80'sfreak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love that movie!! I haven't seen it in years but i'd love to see it again. I may have to pick up the vhs on amazon. Great 80's flick!
Posts: 111 | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Les Anderson
Rewind Curious
Member # 5107

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Les Anderson   Email Les Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah Amazon is where i got my copy, it was cheap, cuz i got it from a seller used. i figured ill wait for the dvd to buy it new. anyways i wish i could find a cheap vhs copy of The Monster Squad, but they tend to cost a lot.
Posts: 4 | From: Southern California | Registered: Oct 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rainbow brite
Rewind Curious
Member # 5094

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for rainbow brite   Author's Homepage   Email rainbow brite   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by raggedyman:
DEMONS and RE-ANIMATOR - 100% Pure 80's Gore-Fests! a perfect Saturday night double bill.

Posts: 3 | From: waco, texas | Registered: Oct 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rainbow brite
Rewind Curious
Member # 5094

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for rainbow brite   Author's Homepage   Email rainbow brite   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey raggedyman! love the name I am new to the forums and had no idea this site existed until I googled a question regarding an 80's movie and this is where rainbow brite landed! I have viewed other posts and noticed someone else is also rainbow brite; but, there can be two just unique in each way. anyhoo, I have never seen demons or reanimator! I know where have I been? I am going to try and get my hands on copies of them both and will post my reply thanks for the thumbs up! I added you to my buddylist, I am fascinated by england, my middle name happens to be diana, I am honored by one of the greatest women who ever lived. hope to chat again soon.
Posts: 3 | From: waco, texas | Registered: Oct 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tantive7
Rewind Curious
Member # 5796

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Tantive7   Email Tantive7   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can someone help me??
Where can I get My Demon Lover on DVD and how can I get my hands on the soundtrack??
Thank you

Posts: 3 | From: New York | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrStrange
Rewind Curious
Member # 5802

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MrStrange   Email MrStrange   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd argue the 80s was the best decade for horror. For individual films, the 1970s produced the best of the genre (Halloween, The Exorcist, Straw Dogs, The Omen etc.), but for sheer diversity and filmmakers realizing the genre could be fun not depressing (Last House On The Left), the decade brought us so many wonderful films.
Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimpickens
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5801

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jimpickens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cannibal Holocuast, Make Them Die Slowly, Maniac, Madman, Friaday the 13th, and the original TCM.
Posts: 64 | From: weston,wv | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadow_x
Rewind Curious
Member # 5810

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for shadow_x     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All theese movies you are posting are really good and i don't want to to say the same again.
I just wanted to add a great movie and one of my favorites of all times, Near Dark. It's a great vampire movie and i read somewhere that a remake is on the way. Totally worth it to give this movie a chance.

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just one of the girls
Master Rewinder
Member # 5766

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for just one of the girls   Email just one of the girls   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my favorite horror movie of all time is "NIGHT OF THE LIVING". I also like "DAWN OF THE DEAD", "EVIL DEAD", "CRITTERS", "THE GATE"...

Did anyone ever see "LADY IN WHITE" that looks scary...

i also thought the "SLITHER" was really really good...a lot of people don't agree...i thought it was funny...

i can't wait to see that new movie BUGS...

Posts: 180 | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just one of the girls
Master Rewinder
Member # 5766

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for just one of the girls   Email just one of the girls   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i ALSO WANTED TO ADD THAT THE 80'S DID HAVE THE BEST HORROR MOVIE.
Posts: 180 | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most of my favourite horrors are from the 60's and 70's. I'm really into the Hammer Horrors and Amicus Horrors, *Bows down to Peter Cushing* [Wink] I love quite a few from the 80's too and the old Universal monster classics [Smile]

[ 23. May 2007, 14:55: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
james Andrews
Master Rewinder
Member # 1425

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for james Andrews   Email james Andrews   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there any fans of the Maniac Copp movies?
Posts: 168 | From: Bedfont, England | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!] WOW that's eerie i just purchased Maniac Cop from my job yesterday we had it on DVD for only $5.88 [Big Grin] Starring Tom Atkins(Halloween 3,The Fog) & Bruce Cambell(Evil Dead 1 & 2) It's not one of my Fav's but when i'm bored enough i'll watch it...besides it was ony $5.88. But like i was telling my friends "the '80s had the best Horror Movies"

Here are a few of my fav:

Raw Head Rex (i bet not to many of you remember this one huh?
Creepshow 1 & 2 ("thanks for the ride LADY"
Funhouse
Night Of The Demons ("this is the house of the dead..and my daddy warned me about this house")
Halloween III ("Silver Shamrock")
Friday The 13th Pt. 2-3-4-5 & 8
PHANTASAM 2 ("BOY-EEEEE")
Puppetmaster
Prince Of Darkness
Return Of The Living Dead
Ghoulies 1 & 2
C.H.U.D
Slumber Party Massacare
Sleepaway Camp Massacare
Ghost Story
Prom Night
Trick Or Treat
The Beast Within

Man that's just a few off the top of my head i remember '80s HORROR RULE!!!

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to see another Ghost Story fan! As for the Maniac Cop movies, I have never seen one. Are they any good?
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Halloween III ("Silver Shamrock")
PHANTASAM 2 ("BOY-EEEEE")

Yay, nice to see Halloween 3 getting some love [Wink] That's my second favourite of the series.

Phantasm 2 is the best Phantasm film I think, followed by the 4th, love them all tho [Smile]

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
james Andrews
Master Rewinder
Member # 1425

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for james Andrews   Email james Andrews   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the 3 Maniac Cop movies alot. I think most people would like the second one, but the first from 1988 is cool also. Unusual for a film, Tom Atkins is the hero for the film until about 3/4 into the movie, and then Bruce Campbell takes over(he plays it straight during the movie though).
The score is cool throughout, very sad.
In the sequels it's Robert Davi who's the hero, it's great having him as a main character instead of his usual supporting roles.
An underrated movie as well to me.
 -  -

Posts: 168 | From: Bedfont, England | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
james Andrews
Master Rewinder
Member # 1425

Member Rated:
I like Creepshow 2 also and Phantasm 2, especially for the music.
The director of Phantasm 2 also did Bubba Ho-Tep and although almost a horror film The Beastmaster starring Marc Singer, released 25 years ago in august.(has anyone visited the pyramid in the movie? I think it's in a place called Lake Pyramid, in California).
Any other fans of Beastmaster?  -

Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Beastmaster is great. Only for the fact that Marc Singer would be in V later on.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
james Andrews
Master Rewinder
Member # 1425

Member Rated:
I like V alot also, and have the pilot and the mini-series along with about 5 episodes of the series. I don't enjoy Marc Singer as much, but I like Michael Ironside.

Some of my favourite horror films:
Pet Sematary
The Blob 1988
Shocker
the House series
Nightmare On Elm Street 1,3,and four
Friday The 13th 4,6,7 and 8
Silver Bullet
The Gate

just one of the girls
Master Rewinder
Member # 5766

Member Rated:
Night of the Creeps is my absolute favorite. I can't find it on dvd though and that really sucks.

night of the living dead- scares me too.

i love movies with zombies in it.

james Andrews
Master Rewinder
Member # 1425

Member Rated:
Hi, I managed to get a copy of Night Of The Creeps from ebay, it contained 2 versions.
Do you like the line "Screaming like banshees!"?
I like the scene also when Tom Atkins speaks about his childhood sweetheart.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home