iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Bravo 100 Funniest Movies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bravo 100 Funniest Movies
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's on right now, 5:17PM Thursday, and they are up to Sixteen Candles at #44.
Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is the full list:

100. Anchorman
99. The Birdcage
98. School of Rock
97. Happy Gilmore
96. Four Weddings and a Funeral
95. Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle
94. Waiting for Guffman
93. The Aristocrats
92. Father of the Bride
91. Revenge of the Nerds
90. Clueless
89. Slapshot
88. Team America
87. The Kentucky Fried Movie
86. Zoolander
85. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
84. Silver Streak
83. Sister Act
82. Tootsie
81. Half Baked
80. Lost in America
79. Three Amigos
78. Bananas
77. Flirting with Disaster
76. Ghostbusters
75. Dumb and Dumber
74. Trading Places
73. City Slickers
72. Moonstruck
71. Roxanne
70. The Nutty Professor (Eddie Murphy)
69. The Blues Brothers
68. Broadcast News
67. Kingpin
66. Dazed and Confused
65. Office Space
64. This is Spinal Tap
63. Manhattan
62. The Pink Panther
61. Election
60. When Harry Met Sally
59. Police Academy Series
58. Private Benjamin
57. Swingers
56. Young Frankenstein
55. Bull Durham
54. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
53. Dr. Strangelove
52. Meet the Parents
51. National Lampoon's Vacation
50. The Princess Bride
49. American Pie
48. American Graffiti
47. 9 to 5
46. The Incredibles
45. Raising Arizona
44. Sixteen Candles
43. What About Bob?
42. Harold and Maude
41. Austin Powers
40. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
39. Mrs. Doubtfire
38. Best In Show
37. Dodgeball
36. Good Morning Vietnam
35. Beetlejuice
34. Rushmore
33. Clerks
32. Groundhog Day
31. The Big Lebowski
30. The 40 Year Old Virgin
29. Legally Blonde
28. Annie Hall
27. A Fish Called Wanda
26. Wayne's World
25. Meet the Fockers
24. Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
23. Big
22. Beverly Hills Cop
21. Shampoo
20. The Jerk
19. Wedding Crashers
18. Stripes
17. M*A*S*H
16. Old School
15. Fast Times At Ridgemont High
14. Napoleon Dynamite
13. Naked Gun Series
12. The Producers
11. Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
10. Arthur
9. Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
8. Blazing Saddles
7. The Wedding Singer
6. Airplane
5. South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut
4. There's Something About Mary
3. Shrek
2. Caddyshack
1. Animal House

Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody know where to find a list of their 100 Scariest Movie Moments? I think it was last year it was on.

I agree with some of the choices. Animal House was good, but I don't know if I'd consider it the funniest movie of all time.

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxwellhauser
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4968

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for maxwellhauser   Email maxwellhauser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not a single movie on that list before 1960! The Wedding Singer made that list, and the top 10 at that? Shrek is #3? Napoleon Dynamite is #14? I must stop reading before my head explodes!

Some of those older, boring movies that weren't good enough to make the list include:

Arsenic and Old Lace
Some Like it Hot
Marx Brothers movies - my fave is Horsefeathers
Chaplin movies - for example, the Great Dictator
His Girl Friday
Bringing up Baby

Posts: 57 | From: Katy, TX | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And with the exception of A Fish Called Wanda, Monty Python, 4 Weddin gs, and Pink Panther (as far as I can tell with one glance down the list) only US-made movies. No Ealing Comedies like The Ladykillers or Kind Hearts and Coronets. No Carry On. No St Trinians. No way they can count some of these as Comedies either.

{shakes his head sadly at the extent of some critics' exposure to movies...}

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What should be the big tipoff that the list is BS is the fact that Monty Python and the Holy Grail is only #40 and not in the top 10 where it belongs.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

HELLO!!!

Anchorman is 100???!?!?!??!?!

and Legally Blonde is 29.

The world is a mess.

Apocalypse is closing in.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting the list...I tuned in late and missed most of em. I thought the #1 pick would either be SPINAL TAP (my fave comedy...why so low on the list?) or ANIMAL HOUSE and I was "right": ANIMAL HOUSE won.

I was a little disappointed in the "Top Ten". Not my choices.
I would have thought AUSTIN POWERS would be closer to the top.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the H! Terrible. Maybe I missed it but where is Tommy Boy?
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These lists are always a joke...
Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oreb
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5007

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Oreb   Email Oreb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is terrible, just terrible. I will never understand these comedy lists, always placing the producers and caddyshack, pee wee, arthur, airplane, MASH so high up on the list. MASH?! was that even supposed to be funny? okay, I love the series, but the movie is not funny. not. the producers, that's just terrible, unwatchable. the wedding singer is so high ranked, but happy gilmore is way at the bottom of the list. harold and kumar are on the list, well good, but way too low.
shampoo? that's a drama. oh man, I'm gonna stop reading this, it's just too stupid
and dirty rotten scoundrells ranked nelow ferris bueller? no way, no no...
if you ask me, yet another 'look, we've made a movie list' list.

Posts: 55 | From: Croatia | Registered: Sep 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oreb
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5007

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Oreb   Email Oreb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...but what makes me sad is the fact that someone got paid to do a list like this, someone is being considered a movie expert for composing copy paste nonsense like this. shame
Posts: 55 | From: Croatia | Registered: Sep 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex In Wonderland
Master Rewinder
Member # 4912

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Alex In Wonderland   Email Alex In Wonderland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lists like these are subjective, and the lists themselves provide nothing more that a talking point for people to discuss their own tastes.

I didn't see The Man With Two Brains on there and I would consider that to be an incredibly funny film. Any inclusion of a Woody Allen film as being anything other than "crap" is also a travesty.

Posts: 171 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oreb
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5007

Rate Member
32. Groundhog Day
31. The Big Lebowski
30. The 40 Year Old Virgin
29. Legally Blonde
28. Annie Hall
27. A Fish Called Wanda
26. Wayne's World

- see this? that just doesn't make any sense. legally blonde is funnier than groundhog day and the 40 year old virgin? no way!!
and woody allen, funny? nah

Oreb
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5007

Rate Member
oh yeah, legally blonde is a very bad movie
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that Groundhog Day is greatly underappreciated on this list.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not bad that over 33% of the movies on the list are from the 80s.

Which ones are you surprised that didn't make the list??

Clue
Forrest Gump
American Pie Sequals? At least the 2nd one
Porky's or any of the sequals

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm actually not so surprised none of those made it. Clue is very good, but not popular with critics. Forrest Gump, for me, isn't funny at all. American Pie has zero appeal, whether original or sequels. and Porky's is probably too raunchy to be acceptable on an industry-generated list.

I'm actually surprised that FTARH made the list at all, let alone got so high. For me it's a teen movie, but not a comedy (unless the definition of Comedy has been broadened to include "anything that neither amuses or pleases")

- P

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home