iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie of the Day--Short Circuit

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie of the Day--Short Circuit
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay I just bought this in the cheap bin at Wal-Mart for my son and he watched it last night and loved it. I was surprised that I didn't remember that G.W. Bailey was in it with Steve Guttenburg. Isn't that funny, since Guttenburg was razzing him so bad as Mahoney in The Police Academy flicks.

This is definitely one that kids will enjoy. My son said he wanted to go into the TV and be with the Robot. I said do you remember the Robot's name?? He said no. I said Johnny No. 5!! I think that this will be one that will become a favorite of his.

I liked how Johnny read the books so fast. What were some of your favorite things from this classic?

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite part would probably be the various ways he defeats his fellow robots ("Hey Laser Lips! Your momma was a snowblower!") and then reprograms them to act like the Stooges; just the look of "What!?" on Bailey's face as they whale away at each other is classic. Coming in a close second is when he disassmebles Frank's car and leaves him with his pants down; if that isn't the deifinition of humiliation, I don't know what is.

This one has some of the best writing ever seen in a film aimed at families in the last 20 years or so; how can you go wrong with lines like:

-"Logically, if we need defense against Number 5, another robot would be the best bet."
"So instead of having $11 million on the loose, now we're going to have $22 million?"
"And plus we are needing gas money."

-"...I'm going to need some Hueys."
"What?"
"CHOPPERS, Howard!"
"Why wasn't I told they changed their names!?"

-"What do we do now?"
"Well, I don't know about you, but I am planning to scream and run!"
"Good idea! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

-"Here's your table sir!" (smacks soldier with table). "Sorry no autographs. Coem Stephanie, we be jammin'!"

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oreb
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5007

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Oreb   Email Oreb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when I was a kid all I wanted was a johnny 5 toy, never got one though. did they ever make any?
Posts: 55 | From: Croatia | Registered: Sep 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love this movie! I too just bought it at the deal bin at Walmart. I have to say that I love all the impressions he does like John Wayne. That cracks me up. I also just purchased Short Circuit 2 from eBay. Haven't gotten to watch it yet. When I was a kid, I watched part 2 more so I'm pretty excited to see it again. Don't remember too much of it.
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be totally awesome if there were toys of Number 5 available. Does anyone know if they ever made any???
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home