iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Digitally Remastered-Star Wars DVDs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Digitally Remastered-Star Wars DVDs
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone else got them yet?? They are only going to be out just a little bit longer...I think until Sept. 12th. I didn't know anything about them until the other day, so I am going to have to run out and get them for my son for Christmas, before they are gone.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They come out tomorrow but I heard some stores put them out early.
Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah...I am glad you cleared that up...Because we saw them in Kmart over the weekend, and then when I saw the commercial...it said Sept. 12th. So we were confused about ....do they come out Sept. 12th...or were they leaving on Sept. 12th...I figured they had to be coming out...with Christmas coming ...but I always thought stores could be fined for putting stuff on the shelves early...cause that's an unfair advantage to other smaller buisnesses.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think thasy done december 31st of this year but i dont know for shoure
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxwellhauser
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4968

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for maxwellhauser   Email maxwellhauser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, I already wasted over $50 dollars on that remastered garbage they put out a couple of years ago - stupid me didn't realize what I was buying. I will not spend another $50 on this set, though I am tempted to send Lucas a letter telling him how much I hate the "improved" versions and that I would gladly trade my DVDs for the originals.
Posts: 57 | From: Katy, TX | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These versions contain the originals but only in a "sub-standard" format (not widescreen enhanced etc) originally intended for laserdisc.

I'm guessing in a few years we'll see the originals "remastered" again!

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Nick, they aren't going to be widescreen?

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brandon777
Master Rewinder
Member # 4014

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brandon777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are widescreen, but the originals are non-anamorphic widescreen. It sucks if you watch them on a widescreen tv because the picture will have black bars on both sides and the top and bottom. Basically it will be like a rectangle box in the middle of the screen surrounded with black space around the entire picture. You have to stretch it out to fit the width of a widescreen tv. When you stretch it, it loses resolution. If you have a standard tv, it will be your typical widescreen viewing.

It sucks because I just got my widescreen tv and I've been waiting for the original movies that didn't have the altered scenes. I bought it anyways just to have the unchanged versions.

Posts: 239 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home