iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Loverboy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Loverboy
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe I never saw this movie until tonight. I just watched it. (Thank you Cindymancini- [Wink] ).

I loved it. I thought it was going to be stupid, but it was really cute.

I liked when he was with the first woman, Alex, and he climbed off the roof...then he hopped across all the lounge chairs and jumped in the pool.

It had a great cast....

Carrie Fisher, Kate Jackson, Vic Tayback, and Kristie Alley.

I loved those leather dresses that Kristie Alley wore. I thought when she and Patrick Dempsey were dancing, that they did really good.

I thought the girl that played Jenny (his girlfriend) ...I thought she was really pretty...I never saw her in anything that I can remember her from.

I think the guy that played "Tony" was Cher's boyfriend in the 80's. I am going to go check it out on IMDB.

I thought E.G. Daily was cute...even though she had about 5 lines in the whole movie...she was funny.

The guy that played the bodybuilder...he looked like Patrick Swayze...on major steroids.

I liked when the 3 husbands were driving down the road to the song "Great Balls of Fire".

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis, I am so glad you enjoyed Loverboy! What an underated movie. You're right, the cast is awesome. I love Vic Tayback. I loved him on Alice, he was nuts! I also liked E.G. Daily in this. She kept doing all these little things with her voice, which sounded so cute! As for the girl who played Jenny, I've seen her in a few other things, one of which was an episode of Saved By The Bell. She was the new school nurse and Zach had a major crush on her. Good episode!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just looked her up...her name is Nancy Valen...she is married to one of the Van Patten boys. So, she was Betsy Russell's sister in law at one time, before Vincent Van Patten divorced Betsy and married Eileen Davidson (who was in House on Sorority Row)...It's 6 Degrees of 80's movie seperation...ha.

I liked all the squeaking things E.G. Daily was doing...when she answered the phone, and said "It's your wife"...and then dropped it on the floor...that was cute.

I was shocked to just find out that Patrick Dempsey's first marriage was to his best friend's (Corey Parker) mother...she was 48 when they got married. They ended up divorced, but I had never heard that he was ever married to someone that much older than him.

I thought the Dad was hysterical...when he said "our son is a fruit"...it cracked me up...when Patrick Dempsey went out on the front porch...to talk to Tony, and pushed past his Dad...and his Dad said. well, excuse me"...and then he was hiding behind the door...when he came back in, and he read the note and thought his son was gay...I thought that was funny.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Kid Is Hot Tonight
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loverboy is a great movie and I remember when Patrick Dempsey married Corey Parker's mom. I think I still have the Entertainment Weekly article where he says they will be together forever and who cares about the age difference.

Another good Patrick Dempsey movie is In The Mood. He plays Sonny Wisecarver, a real person, who married 2 or 3 women when he was 15 or 16. Not a great movie but definately worth seeing.

Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home