iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Soundtrackless Movies/80s Music Crimes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Soundtrackless Movies/80s Music Crimes
OConner880
Master Rewinder
Member # 415

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for OConner880   Email OConner880   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love 80s' music, and in my spare time I love trying to find deleted or hard-to-find songs from 80s' movies that had no soundtracks. What about 'Stakeout'?..Mr. Mister's 'Is It Love' was off the album 'Welcome to the Real World' which earned them 'Best New Artist' in 1986..Steve Winwood's 'Higher Love' was a Top 10 hit around when the movie was made..the Pointer Sister's 'Hot Together' should've gone Platinum but was overlooked and is now impossible to find..Even 'This Night Was Made (For One Thing Only) by I think Gloria Gaynor didn't manage to convince the producers to put the soundtrack out..That sucks! I really loved 'The Allnighter' in 1987 with my sweetheart Joan Cusack, that movie had a soundtrack that could've blown the music stores away..but they only released a limited Vinyl copy with a third of the songs to the cast and crew only. What I did was find one of those brand new which set me back about $45. Then I found every possible song from different artists from the movie on CD as I could. Then I found two more rare LPs' and 45s' with the remaining two and had all of the Vinyl transfered onto CD-R by this company in Florida. When it came back, I put them together on a soundtrack of my own with all 23 of the songs in the movie. It took nearly two years to finally do and cost me more money than I wish to say, but hey movie making people this is what some of us have to go thru to enjoy the music from our favorite movies!! Get it together!
Posts: 186 | From: Saint James, NY, USA | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally, a Mr. Mister fan!

"Broken Wings" is my number 1 fave song of all time. "Kyrie" is about number 9 (list is somewhere in my desk).

"Is it Love" is great. Found the Welcome to the Real World album for 99 cents on cassette at a thrift store a few months ago! Weeeeee!

Got "Hot Together" off Napster last year, always liked the blurb I heard in "Spaceballs" and wondered what the rest of the song was like.

Good tunes :).

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No soundtrack for Real Genius, such a shame! Also the three missing songs from the Karate Kid soundtrack, I can't seem to find "The Ride" by the Matches. Why do they do that to us? What's so hard about making a couple of songs available??? :)
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a core of people who hang around this site who are major 80's soundtrack nuts.

Among them, there are some major collectors who also have contacts with some of the composers (Simon Barber in particular).

Simon is very knowledgeable about the soundtrack side of things and regularly has to do exactly the kind of thing OConner is talking about. Thanks to him, I have the soundtrack to "Can't Buy Me Love" --including the instrumental score!

It would be great to see more record label support for these old classics...

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan
Rewind Curious
Member # 131

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Dan   Email Dan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there. I found a website dedicated to soundtracks that may be of interest to you in your search for '80s movies soundtracks.
The link is:

http://www.soundtrackcollector.com

I hope this helps :o)

Dan

Posts: 5 | From: Wellington, New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
trivebij
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1197

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for trivebij   Email trivebij   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know where to find the "biggles" soundtrack?
Posts: 23 | From: london, england | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anyone can help me get the tracks used in the film "The Wizard" I'd be really grateful as there was no soundtrack produced, so far I have these three in mp3:

BoDeans - You Don't Get Much
BoDeans - Red River
Real Life - Send Me An Angel

but still need:

Patsy Cline - Leavin' On Your Mind
New Kids On The Block - (You've Got It) The Right Stuff
New Kids On The Block - Hanging' Tough
Martha And The Vandellas - Nowhere To Run
Paul Carrack - I Live By The Groove
Bobby Brown - Don't Be Cruel
Paul Anka - My Way
Sally Dworsky - I Found My Way

I had to get the vinyl versions of Breakin' and The Wraith because the CDs go for really silly prices. I put The Wraith soundtrack onto tape and listen to it in the car lots, great to drive to.

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of The Wizard's request list:
quote:
Paul Anka - My Way

No offense, Wizard, but why would you want to hear that schlocky "My Way" song, either sung by Paul Anka, Frank Sinatra, or Elvis Presley?

Almost anything by Paul Anka is utter dreck!

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home