iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Yet another movie title question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Yet another movie title question
longhairedwonderdog
Rewind Curious
Member # 4978

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for longhairedwonderdog   Email longhairedwonderdog   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am looking for a movie title and also the song during this specific scene. A young man (HS or college) is riding his bicycle down a residential street. The "song" starts playing. He slows down and goes back the direction he came from. The song stops, then starts over (not sure if I am remembering this correctly). He rides his bicycle to this house where this girl's mom is. He enters home, goes upstairs and sees "mom" in shower. Next portion of this scene, you see the "daughter" enter the house, then after going upstairs, catches the young man in bed with her "mom". Mom and daughter are in quotes because this is what the viewer is led to believe, but when the camera closes in on the bedroom scene, it turns out he was with the daughter and the mother just caught them together.

The title of the movie would be great, but most important is the song during this scene. I figure with the title i could find the song. I dont think the song is "The Stroke" by Billy Squire but maybe similar anthem like, or maybe Pink Floyd "we don't need no education...". Not sure if its the chorus or beginning of the song, but i seem to recall a repeating phrase of something like "don't... let it get me". Its funny how these little things can bug us for years,so if anyone has a clue...

Posts: 3 | From: Alaska | Registered: Sep 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Haha guys, I got to this first.

I only say that because everyone here knows this.

The movie that you are looking for is the all time favorite, early 80's masterpiece.

VALLEY GIRL

The song that speak of is called "Eaten by the Monster of Love" by Sparks. A great, great, great song. It can be found on the "More Music from Valley Girl" Soundtrack. That is the second CD NOT THE FIRST ONE.

That scene you speak of is right smack in the middle of the movie.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha good job my D
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
longhairedwonderdog
Rewind Curious
Member # 4978

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for longhairedwonderdog   Email longhairedwonderdog   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very much thanks Mr. D.

I can now sleep peacefully.

I had listened to tracks on "first" Valley Girl cd, and of course had no luck.

Posts: 3 | From: Alaska | Registered: Sep 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home