iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie title question--

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie title question--
Thorfinnr
Rewind Curious
Member # 4938

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Thorfinnr   Email Thorfinnr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the moderators or other posters, I'm looking for a title to a movie I'm pretty sure came out during the early to mid 80s when I was in HS. It would fall in the 'fantasy' category, I'd think. It was an abstract retelling of the Little Red Riding Hood story, and had some really stunning visuals in it, I recall. The twist at the end was that the Wolf turned out not to be bad afterall. It wasn't that big of a movie, but I wouldn't call it obscure. I remember it got good reviews at the time, and critics talked about how the movie used the Little Red Riding Hood/Wolf symbolism to make a commentary on a young girl's sexuality and fear of losing virginity. If anybody remembers the title of this movie, please post it under here. Thanks.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://imdb.com/title/tt0087075/
Is it The Company of Wolves?

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheResurrection
Master Rewinder
Member # 2326

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TheResurrection   Email TheResurrection   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely sounds like The Company of Wolves - haven't seen that one since VHS in the late 80's I think.
Posts: 125 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thorfinnr
Rewind Curious
Member # 4938

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Thorfinnr   Email Thorfinnr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's it, I believe. Thanks, guys. Sure wish I could get my hands on a copy of this flick.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tidalwavetiburon
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4939

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for tidalwavetiburon   Email tidalwavetiburon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here ya go

http://shop.fye.com/product.aspx?sku=40171841&loc=50290

Posts: 14 | From: mass | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home