iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Obscure movie title help.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Obscure movie title help.
Dustin
Rewind Curious
Member # 4872

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Dustin   Email Dustin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys,

Love the site, brings back so many memories. I've been looking on the site for a while, seeing if anyone asked about this one, but haven't seen it.

Just like everyone else, I only have vague memories of this movie. But here is the random stuff I remember:
  • It is a movie about a boy that possibly lived with his grandfather. The boy knew some sort of martial art, like karate. I'm pretty sure he was Asian.
  • A bandana played some role in giving him power or strength.
  • I remember he got stuck in a deep hole or old well. I think it was brick walls. I don't remember how he got down there.
  • When he was in the hole, he looked around and could see a flickering neon sign (maybe blue). I think it had monkeys on it or something.
  • I think the hole is only a small part of the story. But while in the hole, he put the bandana on his head, and it gave him the strength to climb out of the hole.
  • I believe his grandfather was sick or possibly died. And he was helping some American guy with something.

For some reason, I was thinking it was called Electric Monkeys or Twelve Monkeys, but I tried googling those thing with no luck. I don't remember too much of the plot. But like I said, I think the kid was helping the American guy towards some goal. Anyone else remember this movie? or am I crazy? [Confused]

About me: Born in the early 80's. Some of my favorite 80's movies: The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, Big Trouble in Little China, Neverending Story, The Wizard, and Little Monsters to name a few [Smile]

Hope someone can help me out. Thanks!

Posts: 3 | From: NC | Registered: Jul 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Little Monsters is an awesome movie.

You can also try going to imdb.com and searching for the titles. I don't know how much it'll help you, but it'll be more help than I am because I don't know anything.

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It wouldn't be The Fist Of Golden Monkey, would it?
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dustin
Rewind Curious
Member # 4872

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Dustin   Email Dustin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bionic Bigfoot:
It wouldn't be The Fist Of Golden Monkey, would it?

Looking at the description of The Fist of Golden Monkey online, it does not sound like the movie at all. The title looked promising. Thanks for the input, but that's not it.

I hope that someone remembers this movie.

Posts: 3 | From: NC | Registered: Jul 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home