iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Where Have You Gone "Legend Of Billie Jean"?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where Have You Gone "Legend Of Billie Jean"?
jvcreativity
Rewind Curious
Member # 4906

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jvcreativity   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does it amaze anybody else other than me that this movie has yet to be made into dvd?

This movie was a staple 80's flick!
Two of the top 50 songs of the entire 80's came out of this movie as well (Billy Idol "Rebel Yell", and Pat Benatar "Invincible") - and Christian Slater didn't exactly turn out to be a one hit wonder.

I guess even more surprising is that all the cable channels that insist on recycling the same 20 movies or so a month never seem to touch it.

How could this be?

How could this be that Amazon.com has people selling their Legend Of Billie Jean VCR tapes for as high as $150
Look!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00000F4MO/ref=dp_olp_2/102-9984406-7317765?ie=UTF8

Has anybody heard any whispers (or even a rumor) of a pending release?

"Fair is Fair!"

(..man, what a great movie!)

Posts: 6 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

As a fellow New Yorker, I totally agree with you. But you don't need to be a New Yorker to agree with that statement. It's a great movie, and hopefully someone will wise up and put it on DVD.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are plenty of movies that need to be on DVD Like "Haburger The Motion Picture"...right Devo?
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jvcreativity
Rewind Curious
Member # 4906

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jvcreativity   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to say Ali (with an I)

.. I don't mean to knock 'Hamburger' at all, but not a chance is that movie even in the same stratosphere as Billie Jean. Billie Jean was actually one of the few movies to come out of the 80's that weren't as embarrasing as the others. Billie Jean is a movie that would STILL be a good movie even in today's time... not the case for 'Hamburger'.

Too many times i have revisited these 80's movies as an adult, and almost every time, i sit there laughing. and thinking, "Oh my god - WHAT were we thinking?!" (and i'm not just talking about the clothes). If not for the emotional and (especially in my case), childhood attachements to most of these movies - you wouldn't be able to finish them... They really are THAT BAD...
...but then again - that's probably why WE ALL love them!

Billie Jean was a diferent and legitimate kind of quality.

Posts: 6 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abbyegail
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4905

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Abbyegail   Email Abbyegail   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOVE the Legend of Billie Jean, its where I discovered my love for Christian Slater and Pat Benetar.

And Ali (thats my sis's name, spelt the same too) Hamburger the Movie, TOTALLY forgot about that one until you mentioned it. Total classic in my book.

I LOVE the 80s and all the chessiness that came with it.

People think I am insane when we do 80s trivia at partys or get togheters. I am only 24, I was really young when a lot of this stuff came out but, as a kid I was terrified of the dark so, my mom got me a tv and cable in my room at age 5...got HOOKED on 80s movies. I am not even allowed to play "Scene It" anymore becuase of all the movies I have seen.

Posts: 29 | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Ali, thanks for the props. Hamburger has more lines in it than Billie Jean could even think about. It's a classic.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jvcreativity
Rewind Curious
Member # 4906

Rate Member
two TOTALLY different movies!

Hamburger was more 'Midnight Madness'
while
Billie Jean was more 'Tuff Turf'

Airplane" had tons of one liners also,
but not even close to the same quality (or realism, for that matter) as, say, 'The Outsiders'.

Not saying 'Hamburger' was a bad flick, but it just seemed real out of place for this topic... kinda like Ponyboy Curtis sayin, "Faga Beefy!"

Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just so you know JV, Hamburger is a long running joke with some of us here. I'm talking for like the past three or four years.... It's a awful yet very funny comedy that Devo or I always seem to bring up at one point or another....so relax there.

Also, movies may be completley different and opinions may range for how great they were and my point is that there are plenty of movies that should have been released on DVD by now.

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home