iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » JUST PURCHASED MONSTER SQUAD ON DVD

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: JUST PURCHASED MONSTER SQUAD ON DVD
Abbyegail
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4905

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Abbyegail   Email Abbyegail   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monster Squad on DVD for 6.20 on Ebay.

Just go to Ebay and type in Monster Squad in the search field, there are PLENTY of them on DVD to choose from.

Posts: 29 | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has this even been officially released in the US or abroad yet? You must have gotten a VHS to DVD transfer. Thanks (and congratulations on winning a copy) but I will probably wait until it is officially released........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abbyegail
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4905

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Abbyegail   Email Abbyegail   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This one will do me for now, until the official release, I know as a kid...I watched HBO CONSTANTLY because this was on all the time.

Then one x-mas my bro and I got the VHS, yep we broke it in two months due to watching it too much

Posts: 29 | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheResurrection
Master Rewinder
Member # 2326

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TheResurrection   Email TheResurrection   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I made a DVD of Monster Squad from a Voom broadcast that was on Monsters HD it's in 1.85:1 instead of the original aspect of 2.35:1.

I'll post some screen shots when I find the disc.

Posts: 125 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im sorry to say this but you will mosty likely find the quality really bad i know someone who got a dvd from ebay i cant remember what movie it was but i know it was a movie that hadnt been released on dvd and the picture and sound was BAD so fingers crossed this ones ok
Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheResurrection:
I made a DVD of Monster Squad from a Voom broadcast that was on Monsters HD it's in 1.85:1 instead of the original aspect of 2.35:1.

Would love a copy of that if you could be bothered so that I can see it & get some screenshots... [Wink] I'll Paypal your costs of course [Smile]
Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what the rules are about trading or selling but I have the movie on Laserdisc and can make a perfect copy on DVD. Email me at greatmuta1025@aol.com if your are interested in getting a copy.

If this is not allowed then please delete this post as I do not want to break any rules.
Thanks

Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abbyegail
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4905

Rate Member
Will post update on sound and picture quality once I recieve it
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MotleyRulz:
Has this even been officially released in the US or abroad yet? You must have gotten a VHS to DVD transfer. Thanks (and congratulations on winning a copy) but I will probably wait until it is officially released........

I agree, Motley...I'll wait till the official release. Then I will pay any price necessary to get it.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheResurrection
Master Rewinder
Member # 2326

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TheResurrection   Email TheResurrection   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are some comparison shots:

My old VHS rip I made
 -

The DVD from the HD source
 -

The HD source
 -

As you can see difference is phenomenal - even the HD original has a lot of grain in it though (some of the artifacts might be from JPEG compression so I could host the image).

Nick I'll send you a PM.

Posts: 125 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tidalwavetiburon
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4939

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for tidalwavetiburon   Email tidalwavetiburon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought one of these off of Ebay as well a few months ago and I must say the quality is very good
Posts: 14 | From: mass | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home