iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Dead Pool

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Dead Pool
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is on right now, and I am watching some of it, I have seen pieces of it-I swear every time it is on, I come in... right on the music video with Jimmy Carrey- and I hate that scene.

It seems like it is a spoof on his movies rather than it being a serious movie, the acting is horrible, they keep recycling his same lines that were cool in all the other movies.

They should have stopped at Sudden Impact.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
It is on right now, and I am watching some of it, I have seen pieces of it-I swear every time it is on, I come in... right on the music video with Jimmy Carrey- and I hate that scene.

It seems like it is a spoof on his movies rather than it being a serious movie, the acting is horrible, they keep recycling his same lines that were cool in all the other movies.

They should have stopped at Sudden Impact.

Many critics felt the same way about the movie at the time of its' release. I was too young to read the reviews first-hand (I was 5 years old when the movie came out), but I have read that it was the least-liked in the series...For some it was because of the style and others because the formula had worn itself out, at least according to them.

I still want to see the movie myself, but only uncensored.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this one, years after it came out, of course. I thought it was pretty good. Haven't seen Sudden Impact, though.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched the end, it was stupid...he came across as the Terminator at the end, with a big Harpoon gun that he kills the bad guy with.

The guy that was the killer, he wasn't even scary...now the serial killer in Dirty Harry-he gave me the creeps, he really seemed like a nutcase...the guy in The Dead Pool...he was a bad actor. I didn't like the girl newspaper reporter in the Dead Pool either. I thought she majorly sucked too.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home