iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Did you know how old our favorite characters were in real life?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Did you know how old our favorite characters were in real life?
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering why at 30 I can still sit down and enjoy so many of my favorite 80's movies and not feel like I'm watching kids and that I'm too old to like such films. So I started to do some research and I came up with these interesting facts. I found out that:

Matt Modine was 26 in Vision Quest
Judge Reinhold was 24 in Fast Times
Brian Backer was 26 in Fast Times
James Spader was 26 in Pretty In Pink
Haviland Morris was 25 in Sixteen Candles
Michael Schoeffling was 24 in Sixteen Candles
Gedde Watanabe was 29 in Sixteen Candles

Isn't that something? I think their age definitely made for better performances but then again, the storylines were just so great too!

Anyone know any others that weren't really teenagers yet played one in a movie?

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alan Ruck was 30 years old in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off".

Judd Nelson was 25 years old in "The Breakfast Club".

Sherri Stoner was either 21, 27 or 33 years old when "Reform School Girls" was made.

Those are the ones that come immediately to mind.

Since I don't really know that much about 90s culture, I'll let others handle that when they inevitably come in with those people. [Wink] [Razz]

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

EDIT: I got it wromg: Judd Nelson was 26 years old in "The Breakfast Club".

[ 05. July 2006, 10:57: Message edited by: rocksteadyflamethrower ]

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Courtney Thorne Smith was 20 when she played a 16 year old in Summer School...

and the girl that played Anna-Marie (Fabiana Udenio) was 24 years old when she was playing a teenager.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alan Ruck was 30 in Ferris Bueller? No way - he looked so young! I guess it explains why he looked so much older in Spin City 12 years later.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a fascinating post. It is funny after you find out about some of your favorites and how they really were. I think that thing is much harder to pull off now but that could be because as we ourselves get older our perception of things change.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh! Oh! I got one!

Malcolm McDowell was 27 when he played Alex in A Clockwork Orange. He was totally gorgeous back then...(drools over a pic of Alex)

Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The entire cast of Grease was over 47 years old. Not really but none even remotely could pass for a teenager.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stockard Channing was at least 34 when Grease was filmed.
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ralph Macchio was 23 when in the first Karate Kid

Curtis Armstrong was 31 playing a college freshman in the first Revenge of the Nerds

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it might be harder to make a list of who was actually a teenager in our favorite 80's movies. [Wink] [Big Grin]
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spookwoman
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4760

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for spookwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Th Breakfast club Emili Estevez was 23. Jodd nelson was 26.
Teen wolf Michael J. Fox was 24

Posts: 13 | Registered: May 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Jessie, this post is really interesting. A couple of thoughts as far as it goes... How old was Seth Green when he did 'Can't Hardly Wait' and even Freddie Prinze Jr in 'She's All That'? I havent done any research, but I am pretty sure that the formula was used for them as well.
Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
chad mcqueen was 23 in the karate kid and i think william zabka was 21 or something like that
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Seth Green was 23 in Can't Hardly Wait. I believe he's only a year older than me.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home