iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » If you were stranded on an Island........

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If you were stranded on an Island........
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok lets say you knew you were going to be stranded on an island for a year (with a TV and a DVD player and of course some way to power them) and you could only bring 3 80's movies with you for entertainment. Which ones would you bring?

1.) Big
2.) The Breakfast Club
3.) Caddyshack

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't we do this topic a year or two ago? Anyways...

Raiders Of The Lost Ark
Flash Gordon
Ferris Bueller

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey it is a good topic. It was done recently on an episode of one of my favorite shows "The Office".

Gosh this would be so hard to narrow down, but I would probablly pick:

1. Sixteen Candles
2. Secret Admirerer SP???????that word never looks right to me.
3. Clue

They would all have to be funny because I think that you would be in your own horror movie being on a freaky island!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 'Burbs
Somewhere Tomorrow
The Lost Boys

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friday the 13th
Nightmare on Elm Street
Trick or Treat
Halloween
Revenge of the Nerds

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit The Sequel
Master Rewinder
Member # 4506

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit The Sequel   Email Canyoudigit The Sequel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Repo Man
Blue Velvet
Paris Texas

Posts: 109 | From: Bopping my way back to Coney! | Registered: Jan 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Great Mouse Detective
Purple Rain
Under The Cherry Moon

Obvious. [Wink]

Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brandon777
Master Rewinder
Member # 4014

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brandon777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Empire Strikes Back
The Goonies

Geez, I wish I could take more than three. I need something with a lot of girls in it to pass the time by, something like "Hardbodies" [Smile]

Posts: 239 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley Girl
Breakin
April Fool's Day

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
Valley Girl
Breakin
April Fool's Day

Called it

when I saw your name as the last one to post I guessed you would say all three of those movies

my three would be right now(ask me later on today and it might change)

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Full Metal Jacket
Goodfellas

hard to believe that at the moment not a single Tarrantino movie made my list

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fast Times At Ridgemont High
Sixteen Candles
Can't Buy Me Love

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deadred
Rewind Curious
Member # 4779

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for deadred   Email deadred   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Considering Tarrantino didn't do anything in the 80's it makes sense why he isn't on this list....

Fast Times
Karate Kid
Caddyshack

Posts: 3 | From: Seattle | Registered: May 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never go by decade weather the question asks of it or not. To me all movies, music, TV etc are all weighted equally. So Tarrantino could have and usually would make my list. Guaranteed he has about three or four in my current top ten just none in my top three at the moment. If one was to sneak in there it would be the movie he wrote but didn't direct "True Romance".
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home