iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Kiss with Meredith Salenger??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Kiss with Meredith Salenger??
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a horror movie from 1988 that you don't hear much about. Now, I'm sure many of you will say there's a reason for that but I watched it yesterday and I have to say I kinda liked it.

Meredith Salenger plays Amy, a high school student whose Mom just passed away. Little does she know that her mother's death was not an accident. In comes creepy, yet model-like, Aunt Felice to help take care of things around the house. Before you know it, all kinds of weird poltergeist stuff starts happening and one by one the people in Amy's life start getting hurt or killed but not Amy. Aunt Felice has other plans for her.

So has anyone seen or remember this one?

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
horrorfan81
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4750

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for horrorfan81   Email horrorfan81   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw a trailer for it when i got Hellraiser 2 on video years back, and recently i bought it, wasnt to sure if i will enjoy it but i did, its far better than the film WITCHCRAFT
Posts: 13 | From: scotland | Registered: May 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Cindy, the movie isn't quite as cool as the cover art, but worth it for Salenger fans. Joanna Pacula does a good job in this movie.
She needs to stay away from the water though..it really messed with her make-up. [Eek!]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I'm so glad someone responded and has seen at least parts of this movie. I am still a bit confused with what the Aunt's deal was but she did look good through most of the movie. Her eyebrows were like caterpillars but hey, nobody's perfect. Hahaha [Razz] !
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loooove natural eyebrows!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally watched The Kiss (1988)

This was highly entertaining horror thriller.
Salenger and Pacula were very hot.
Nice score by J. Peter Robinson. He did lots of good stuff in the 80s.
Also liked those great old skool creature effects by Chris Walas.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember The Kiss vividly. It was a nice little gem of a horror film. And God, Meredith Salenger...so so hot!
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home