iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Am I the Only one who....??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Am I the Only one who....??
Optimus Prime
Rewind Curious
Member # 417

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Optimus Prime   Email Optimus Prime   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
watches VH1 Classic Channel and listen to all those great 80's tunes. Gosh, I've seen videos to songs I didn't even know had a music video for it.
Posts: 10 | From: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. USA | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Trixie
Rewinder
Member # 545

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Trixie   Email Trixie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOVE VH1 Classic. I saw the video for Send Me An Angel yesterday for the first time in years. I'm a little disappointed that they seem to run the same songs in rotation. I'm watching We Are the 80s episodes that I've already seen. But hey, it's better than nothing.
Posts: 47 | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Optimus Prime
Rewind Curious
Member # 417

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Optimus Prime   Email Optimus Prime   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what you mean, But is great watching those "Old School" ( like my friends call them) videos. Just looking at the haircuts and clothing brings back memories...IT's AWESOME.
Posts: 10 | From: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. USA | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And what the hek is VH1 classic? Please explain?
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronnie, my fellow poster, VH1 Classic is what MTV was 20 years ago...NON-STOP MUSIC VIDEOS! Good stuff, rare stuff, the best videos from the 60s, 70s and 80s. I was watching "We Are The 80s" this morning at midnight, and I saw some cool videos like "Digging Your Scene" by the Blow Monkeys and "Girl From Ipanema Goes To Greenland" by the B-52s.

A note on that B-52s song...it needs to be heard more often. To me, this is their best song, and it bites that you never hear it at weddings and dances, but you'll always hear "Love Shack" (the B-52s' worst song, if you ask me).

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...the Rock Steady Flamethrower

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of John/RockSteady's post:
quote:
...and it bites that you never hear it at weddings and dances, but you'll always hear "Love Shack" (the B-52s' worst song, if you ask me).

I agree. At first, "Love Shack" was OK to listen to for a while. But shortly afterwards, it got repetitive and tiresome.

"Love Shack" is one of the most often-requested songs to sing in karaoke bars.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not fair at all... I do not have this. sounds pretty nifty tho. thanks for making me jealous FlameThrower
::winks::

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  | Report this post to a Moderator
Optimus Prime
Rewind Curious
Member # 417

Rate Member
Ronnie, If you have direct tv, you can order it ( about $1.10) per month, but every 3 months they give a free preview of the channel for a weekend.
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love VH1 Classis. It is now my favorite channel. We Are The 80's and Rock Fest and Metal Mania are great.

White Snake Rules!

Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
kenkobra
Master Rewinder
Member # 892

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kenkobra   Email kenkobra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really enjoy VH1 also. It just takes me back!
Posts: 224 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 1  | Report this post to a Moderator
gwigs4
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 798

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for gwigs4   Email gwigs4   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately I live in Canada and do not get VH1 Classic. but every now and again Much Music will play a few 80s videos. last one i saw i believe was "nova heart" by spoons.. what a weird video! gawd i love new wave! hah
Posts: 16 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watch Much Music too here in Dallas. It's pretty good most of the time. Not too much classic videos though. I enjoyed the Black Crowes on the Live and Interactive thing.
Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home