iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » So Frustrated

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So Frustrated
Frustrated
Rewind Curious
Member # 4694

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Frustrated   Email Frustrated   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There a couple movies as a child that are burned in my skull but no matter how many of the things i remember and google about them i never get a hit that isn't way off the wall.

First was a Anime most likely, could be done like the last unicorn, but not sure. I just remember seeing a young boy and his family and a young sorcerer comes in and turns his family into "block like people", but spares the kid the same fate. Then they ride off together on an enchanted hollowed out log and ride it off like a Harley. They head back to a Castle who is enhabited by a really powerful sorcerer, whos plot to turn everyone into "block people" to build his fortress. The few who are spared are turned into something a little less bleek, i believe flowers or toys. The young sorcer helps the young boy escape though because he does not want his new found friend to be transformed. Somehow the boy ends up at a Giant Wooden Horse, either a rocking horse, trojan looking thing or a horse on wheels. The boy must look into the eye of the horse, which reveals the true nature of the Mad Sorcerer, he was a toy who was unloved and is really a Marrionette gone mad. Thats about all i remember. I just need to know!

Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hbsjack
Rewinder
Member # 4639

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for hbsjack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like a movie I've seen, but a little different. I don't know if you've seen any of the "Unico" movies, but I think there is one where there is block people that seem like they are under some kind of spell and a boy and a castle. It's been a very long time since I have seen it, so I may be way off. That's all I can think of. Good luck.

Heather

Posts: 33 | From: Indiana | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frustrated
Rewind Curious
Member # 4694

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Frustrated   Email Frustrated   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The second movie, Mahō no Shima he (released in English as Unico in the Island of Magic), directed by Moribi Murano, was released July 16, 1983. Unico, with the help of a young girl named Cheri, attempts to stop the evil Lord Kuruku, who is turning the inhabitants of Cheri's village (including Cheri's own parents) into zombie-esque "living puppets" and imprisoning them in his castle. In fact, Kuruku is using Cheri's older brother Toby as a sort of "Pied Piper" to lure the "living puppets" to his castle. The Trojan Horse reveals to Unico and Cheri that Kuruku is really a puppet himself who was mistreated by his owners. Eventually, Kuruku washed up at the edge of the world - where all old, discarded "junk" items end up - and was brought to life with the power of sunlight, determined to take revenge on the human race. The movie has a bittersweet ending: with the help of Marusu, the daughter of the Sphinx, Unico - who realizes that Kuruku is really just a lonely, friendless creature - is able to stop Kuruku and break his spell, but since Kuruku's hate was the only thing that kept him alive, Kuruku reverts to puppet form, and Cheri vows to treat the puppet Kuruku with kindness and gentleness, as Kuruku's old owners did not do. Soon afterward, the West Wind finds Unico and spirits him away once again.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frustrated
Rewind Curious
Member # 4694

Rate Member
BTW Heather, I love you! Thank you for helping me, yah my description was the best i could do from what was burned into my memory as a child. This has been killing me for years. Looking into the history of this anime you find that the reason it has become so rare is the ownership problems.
hbsjack
Rewinder
Member # 4639

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for hbsjack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so glad I could help [Smile] I really didn't think that would be it. So few people seem to know about Unico. Man, I loved those movies when I was a kid, still do. So, yeah, what's with the ownership problems? You can't find that movie anywhere, save for ebay if you get lucky.
Posts: 33 | From: Indiana | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home