iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Sure Thing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Sure Thing
the_haimster
Rewinder
Member # 4485

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for the_haimster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being a fan of classic 80's teen movies i notice this title keeps coming up though i have never seen it.

Where does this movie rank in your opinions alongside other classic teen movies of the 80's?

Many thanks,

Posts: 45 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to IMDB and scroll down to their trivia questions- I check them every day. Today's quote was from The Sure Thing.
Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Under-rated gem. I love this movie. I was on a JET BLUE plain (they have TV sets) a few weeks ago and they played it and I watched it even though I HAVE the DVD at home!

It's on my website page of my favorite comedies:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6spdi/id13.html

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Movie! JOhn Cusack (*sigh*). Daphne ZUniga was cool there too. The show tunes traveling.
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always get this one confused with Say Anything when I see the title...I just watched it for the first time this past year, and I liked it alot.

I still haven't made it through the end of Say Anything though...I should definately try to see the end.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marty McFly
Master Rewinder
Member # 4403

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Marty McFly   Email Marty McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I only saw it for the first time a few months back as well. It's one of those that you have to watch a couple times for it to fully set in, but it's pretty funny and sprinkled with little touching/serious moments as well.

Even though he and Alyson didn't appear to get along much of the time, you can tell they really do like each other. Seeing them kinda "grow" together -- when he was supposed to be coming out to LA for his buddy to fix him up with a girl (aka: the "Sure Thing") -- was one of my favorite teen movie stories.

P.S. Tons of great songs too (Huey Lewis, Quiet Riot, Sammy Hagar, Rod Stewart, Eagles, just to name a few).

Posts: 136 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TRIVIA QUESTION FOR ISIS:

What did the movie THE SURE THING and the movie SERENDIPITY have in common, besides John Cusack?

Answer in post below.

[ 05. April 2006, 06:01: Message edited by: mamamiasweetpeaches ]

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Answer:

In THE SURE THING he shows Daphne Zuniga a constellation of stars in the sky (Cassiopeia)

In SERENDIPITY he draws THE SAME CONSTELLATION (Cassiopeia) on Kate Beckinsales arm by connecting her freckles!

[ 05. April 2006, 06:02: Message edited by: mamamiasweetpeaches ]

annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for annier   Author's Homepage   Email annier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just bought the sure thing and say anything on dvd. I'm gonna have a John Cusack night this weekend.

Annier

Posts: 312 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mamamia-That is cool, you should have stuck it over on Valley's Trivia thread, and seen if anyone knew it. I guess you stick with what works for ya, so that line worked well 20 years ago...he figured it was time to revive it again. [Wink]
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home