iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What 80's Movie Have You Never Seen that might Surprise Everyone.. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What 80's Movie Have You Never Seen that might Surprise Everyone..
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought Rumble Fish, and I don't remember much about it, other than I couldn't make it through it, and I didn't understand it, and I didn't like it much.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think I've ever seen Against All Odds in its entirety- it is one of those shown on tv all the time that I just catch snippets of.
Others I have not seen:
Commando, Elephant Man, The Fly, Just One of the Guys, Live and Die in LA, Any of the "Cory" movies except Lost Boys, Ordinary People, Rumble Fish, and of course Valley Girl. I could go on and on, but I think alot of those movies are ones that my friends have all seen, but not me. I will catch up some day, I'm already starting to. I've been renting alot of movies this winter.
What movie have you all seen too many times, but just can't pull yourself away from the tv? For me that would be Roadhouse- so bad that it's good! Also Point Break. It must be a Swayze thing.

Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know it was based on S.E. Hintons book, the same author of The Outsiders, and Coppola directed both. The outsiders was a great film and a pretty good adaptation. So many young awesome actors, it's sad cuz Tom Cruise was good in his small part but we all know what happened to him....
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just One Of The Guys is a must see! I love that movie. The brother cracks me up every time!

By the way, anybody seen Hamburger The Motion Picture? That is so stupid but funny. Sadly it's not on DVD, just HBO once and a great while. I know Devo appreciates it, just wondering baout the rest of you people. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's movies I recommend seeing, that rarely I hear people talking about:

The Night the Lights went out in Georgia
Rich Girl
Curse 2-The Bite
Silent Scream
Blood Song
Bloody Birthday

Before I came on the Rewind I had never seen:
The Sure Thing
Morgan Stewart's Coming Home
Say Anything
Fire with Fire
Electric Dreams
Milly Willy/Something Special
Just one of the Guys
The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane
Hot Dog: The Movie
Spring Break
Spring Fever
Better off Dead
No Small Affair

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brandon777
Master Rewinder
Member # 4014

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brandon777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some more I've never seen:

Streets of Fire
Against All Odds
Days of Thunder
Stripes (I saw part of it)

And for my shocker, which is probably late 70's and not 80's is "Animal House".

Posts: 239 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brandon777
Master Rewinder
Member # 4014

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brandon777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw another thread about a movie I didn't see. This is probably a shocker. I have never seen "Ghostbusters". I did see the ending, but that's it.
Posts: 239 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Brandon777-I own Animal House, and I still haven't watched it all the way through yet, every time I try to, it bores me to death. I have never figured out what was so great about it.
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Diner
The Last American Virgin ('cause I already know the ending, I really don't want to get in a weird mood)
9 to 5
After Hours

Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brandon777:
Some more I've never seen:

Streets of Fire

AAAAHHHRRRRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

GO get, watch, and enjoy, young Brandon......

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marty McFly
Master Rewinder
Member # 4403

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Marty McFly   Email Marty McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Despite my massive love for '80s movies (and I've been watching 'em since not too long after the actual decade ended--around 1992), there's actually quite a few big ones I've yet to see. What's sadder is, I actually own some of them, but haven't made time to watch 'em yet. [Wink]

In a way, I like that because it means I've still got "new" '80s stuff to explore (I keep worrying I'm running out of stuff from that era sometimes, LOL).

For starters, off the top of my head:

Valley Girl
License to Drive
This is Spinal Tap
Vision Quest (though I love the songs from it!)
48 Hours
St. Elmo's Fire
Top Gun
Lost Boys

Posts: 136 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marty McFly
Master Rewinder
Member # 4403

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Marty McFly   Email Marty McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
Uncle Buck
The Great Outdoors

OMG, I really think you'd like those two. I'm biased 'cause I've been a big fan of John Candy for over a decade, but they're both funny in that "silly, but slightly serious/heartfelt" way.

Have you seen 1985's Summer Rental, which he's also in? Another one of those cool family vacation type movies.

Posts: 136 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, there are so many movies that are really unknown (to the general populace) here in Oz. A lot of the films you guys call classics probably never got released at all here. Because of that, I have never seen -

16 candles
Pretty in Pink
Last American Virgin
Vision Quest
Witchboard
Valley Girl
Just one of the guys
April Fools Day

In fact, I'd never heard of any of them, except those from the Molly Ringwald "oevre"

Of course there are others I just haven't gotten around to seeing -

Licence to drive
Welcome home Roxy Carmichael
Teen Wolf Too
Mask
18 Again
Beastmaster
Revenge of the nerds
Porkys
The little mermaid
BMX Bandits
Secret of my success
Roxanne
Robocop
The adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai
Baby Boom
All the right moves

[ 02. April 2006, 03:25: Message edited by: Stitch ]

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are two that I have never seen, though I would like to.

I would in addition be keen on writing reviews of them for the Rewind.

The Handyman.
Special Treatment.

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just noticed this movie in another thread...I've actually never seen The Neverending Story. I've also yet to watch the Back to The Future sequels, which is surprising considering BTTF is one of my favs of all time.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seeing threads like this again just reminds me how few people had actually seen the movies we consider 'classics' back in the day. In was even worse in the first half of the 2000's.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billie Jean
Rewinder
Member # 9525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Billie Jean   Email Billie Jean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe its embarrassing to admit...Iv'e seen all the movies that are on this thread. Yea, I see too many movies...maybe. Rocksteadyflamethrower....I was appalled.
Posts: 42 | From: Stockton, California | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never seen Howard the Duck, and never will.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:

Oh you should - if only to know that you've seen it more times than George Lucas.....

Actually, Howard isn't that bad a flick - there are certainly worse movies about aquatic birds displaced in space and time that end up with hot chicks from rock bands trying to save a planet from an evil alien force.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I might need some more convincing. Leah Thompson doesn't do it for me either.

When I watch SKOW, I am always thinking about Mary Stewart Masterson. I didn't think she looked that great in most other movies. Well in Chances Are she did, but in SKOW she is gorgeous. I once chickened out asking out a girl that looked exactly like her.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Billie Jean:
Maybe its embarrassing to admit...Iv'e seen all the movies that are on this thread. Yea, I see too many movies...maybe. Rocksteadyflamethrower....I was appalled.

Ah... but did you see them in the 80's, Billie Jean?
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

A) I'm gonna go with no.

B) Rocksteady hasn't been here in forever.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did this once before in another thread. There is one movie that i really thought i had seen but actually i havnt...Im really embarrased to say but needless to say this . . .VALLEY IS GONNA KILL ME!!!
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I have never seen Beetlejuice. Is that ok? Or can I expect the Fast Rewind Lynch Mob on my door in the morning?
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL Im seriously laughing at some of the things you guys are sayin on here. Here are a few of some funny things you guys are comin up with...ROFL im loving this thread!! In stitches right now!

quote:
I have never seen Beetlejuice. Is that ok?
No its not ok Bernie, go watch it otherwise we WILL be ringin your bell first thing in the morning.

quote:
im not surprised, you havnt even seen bettlejuice and besides look at the title...not very exciting is it - about a duck named howard.

quote:
For starters, off the top of my head:

Valley Girl
License to Drive
This is Spinal Tap
Vision Quest (though I love the songs from it!)
48 Hours
St. Elmo's Fire
Top Gun
Lost Boys

Come on stitch - whats goin on donw there in oz mate? Top Gun, Lost Boys are you serious - Darren Hinch would say one word to you - SHAME.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home