iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Favourite ever 80's movie quote??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Favourite ever 80's movie quote??
The Malster
Master Rewinder
Member # 2411

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Malster   Email The Malster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me and my mates have been having this discussion over email.

Mine has to be Arnie from Commando when hes fighting Cooke in the motel room:

Cooke: "F*ck you a**hole!" (Gun jams)

Matrix: "F*ck YOU a**hole!"

So brilliant, yet so simple and to the point!!!!!!!!!

any others, guys?!!!!

Posts: 293 | From: London, England | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnGeLEyeZ
Master Rewinder
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for AnGeLEyeZ   Email AnGeLEyeZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanna be just like you. I figure all I need, is a lobotomy and some tights.

Impossible, sir. It's in Johnson's underwear

That's very clever, sir. But what if there's a fire? I think violating fire codes and endangering the lives of children would be unwise at this juncture in your career, sir.

So it's sorta social, demented and sad, but social. Right?

Do you think I'd speak for you? I don't even know your language.

Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

Sweets. You couldn't ignore me if you tried.
[Big Grin]

Posts: 192 | From: NJ JerzShoreBaby! | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A girl decides how far she's going to let you go in the first 5 minutes.

Doesn't anybody knock anymore?

Hey there's no birthday party for me in here!

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome, totally awesome. Allright Hamilton!

That was my skull. I'm so wasted!

I can fix it! My old man has an ultimate set of tools!

ANY quote from Fast Times!

Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wax on Wax off!
Nice manners babe!
No more yankie my wankie! the Donger needs food!
Get Her!!!
Never under estimate the power of the Schwartz or may the Schwartz be with you

Yeah, but you know what? This one, this one right here. This was my dream, my wish. And it didn't come true. So I'm taking it back. I'm taking them all back.

Oh and so many more!!!

Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of my favorite 80's quotes are from The Great Mouse Detective, Rock & Rule, Purple Rain, & Under The Cherry Moon. This one is from UTCM, & it's one of my particular favorites:

CHRISTOPHER: If you wanted to buy a Sam Cooke album, where would you go?
MARY: To the Wrecka Stowe.

LOL!

Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Among the list:

-"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas..."
-"There's that word again, heavy. Why are things so heavy in the future; is there a problem with the earth's gravitational pull?"
-"It's like going on a date with a Chatty Cathy doll. I expect you have a little string on your chest that I pull out and snap back. Except I wouldn't pull it out and snap it back, you would: ACK, ACK, ACK ACK!!!!"
-"That's it. No more Mr. nice duck!"
-"I said FREEZE, GOPHER!"
-"What's the matter Colonel Sandurz? Chicken?"
-"We're going to press on, and we're going to have the HAP-HAP-HAPPIEST Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny f&*(%%^$#^ Kaye!"
-"If you had access to a car like this, would you take it back right away? Neither would I."
-"Sorry Venkman, I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought."
-"Stand me up today, and tomorrow I'll drive you to school in my robe and pajamas and walk you to your first class."

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miyagi-Turbo
Master Rewinder
Member # 4340

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Miyagi-Turbo   Email Miyagi-Turbo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are just so many. I will list a few of my all time favorites.

"Let off some steam Bennett." (Commando)

"I'm the unsilent majority big mouth." (Rocky IV)

"The man's tongue didnt come through customs." (Rocky IV)

"Get him a body bog, Yeaaaaaahhhhhhh." (Karate Kid)

"Sweep the leg. You have a problem with that?" (Karate Kid)

Posts: 203 | Registered: A Long Time Ago! | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was that?

It's a d******.

Maybe your d***'s not so dumb.

It got me through high school.

Spies Like Us

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnGeLEyeZ
Master Rewinder
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for AnGeLEyeZ   Email AnGeLEyeZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

HAHAHA! [Smile] )))))))THATS ONE OF MY FAVES TOO!

Posts: 192 | From: NJ JerzShoreBaby! | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GEEZ LOUISE [Confused]

There just to many to choose from!!

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnGeLEyeZ
Master Rewinder
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
I want a whole lot more than the boy next door. I want hell on wheels.

His name is Blane? Oh! That's a major appliance, that's not a name!

By night's end, I predict me and her will interface

Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Not too cool Julie, like I won't be bummed out. Like who else is there, no other Val dude can touch me, I mean she much be really freaking out."
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AnGeL EyeZ:

HAHAHA! [Smile] )))))))THATS ONE OF MY FAVES TOO!

What a lovely coincidence! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My all-time favorite:

"Go ahead...Make my day!"-Clint Eastwood as "Dirty" Harry Callahan in "Sudden Impact"

That was the highest-ranking 80s movie quote in the American Film Institute's "100 Years, 100 Movie Quotes" list.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chris the CandyFanMan:
-"Stand me up today, and tomorrow I'll drive you to school in my robe and pajamas and walk you to your first class."

Nice Uncle Buck quote there Chris! Here's a movie that doesn't get enough recogintion, eventhough it's a total classic. John Candy was superb!

"How many times a day does a dog like that eat?"

"How many times do you think he should eat?"

"I don't know, 3 or 4."

"He eats once Buck..Oh god."

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I know what's black and bleeding if it don't shut its face." Clint Eastwood from Heartbreak Ridge
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From Midnight Run:
quote:

Jonathan Mardukas [Charles Grodin]: No, I don't have to do better than that, because it's the truth, I can't fly: I suffer from aviaphobia.

Jack Walsh [Robert DeNiro]: What does that mean?

Mardukas: It means I can't fly. I also suffer from acrophobia and claustrophobia.

Walsh: I'll tell you what: if you don't cooperate, you're gonna suffer from "fistophobia".

[Smile]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Fifty dolla bill! Fifty dolla bill!"

"You enjoy throwing up every five minutes, Claud?"

"You shot the invisible swordsman!"

Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is so funny because my all time favorite quote is:

"I can't believe I gave my panties to a geek!"--We all know what that one comes from.

There are just so many that are good and really stick out.

Pretty much anything from Goonies, Pretty in Pink, Ghostbusters, and Real Genius.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ed raynes
Rewind Curious
Member # 4682

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ed raynes   Email ed raynes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time
I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter TIED TO THIS F*** COUCH!"
(Garry)

The Thing

Posts: 7 | From: Lebanon, PA | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home