iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » I'm running out of good '80s teen movies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm running out of good '80s teen movies
80sMovieKing
Rewind Curious
Member # 4471

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 80sMovieKing   Email 80sMovieKing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Help me, I love '80s teen movies but it seems like I've already seen most of them. If you know of any other good ones, help me out PLEASE!

I've seen...
All John Hughes movies
Heathers
Three O'Clock High
Can't Buy me love
april fool's day
fast times at ridgemont
say anything
summer school
sorority babes in the slime bowl
last american virgin
Lucas
adventures in babysitting

I appreciate any suggestions.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jan 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try:

The Heavenly Kid
Tuff Turf
The Goonies
Real Genius
Mischief

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_haimster
Rewinder
Member # 4485

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for the_haimster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You must see;

The Lost Boys,
Stand by me,
Mischief,
Licence to Drive,
Dream a little Dream,
The Outsiders,
The Karate Kid
Back to the future

By the way, what did you think of "The last american virgin"?

Posts: 45 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SOME KIND OF WONDERFUL!!!!!!!
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about:

Making The Grade
Class
She's Out of Control
Private School

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about HEAVEN HELP US? It doesnt take place in the 80s but it was filmed in the 80s, you can tell by the cast: Andrew MacCarthy, Mary Staurt Masterson, Kevin Dillon, Stepehen Geoffreys, Patrick Dempsey.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80sMovieKing
Rewind Curious
Member # 4471

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 80sMovieKing   Email 80sMovieKing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the suggestions so far guys.

Actually, I've seen...
The Karate Kid
The Outsiders
Back to the Future I,II, and III
Valley Girl

and forgot to mention them. But I will definitely check out all of the other reccomendations.

To the person who asked about the Last American Virgin, I thought it was a alright movie. It had one of the funniest endings of all-time IMO. I laughed for about 10 minutes. Overall, I'd give the movie 6/10.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jan 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luv80steenmvs
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4555

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Luv80steenmvs         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How bout also:

For Keeps
Teen Witch

all I can think of right now for the teen movies not mentioned, gotta go

Posts: 12 | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never fear there are a few.

That was then this is now
Heathers
Gleaming the Cube
Thrashin
The Vals
Pretty Smart
Fraternity Vacation
Hiding Out
Suburbia
The Invisible Kid
Zapped
Hot Chili
River's Edge

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's an idea, watch them again! They get better with age and multiple views, like 100 or so. [Smile]
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ones I think you may want to track down:

18 Again!
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
Just One of the Guys
Night of the Comet
Once Bitten
Porky's
Rad
Risky Business
Screwballs
The Boy Who Could Fly
The New Kids
The Sure Thing
The Wraith

Others worth looking into:

Back to the Beach
Christine
Combat Academy
Cookie
Doin' Time on Planet Earth
Dudes
Elvira, Mistress of the Dark
Explorers
Fandango
Hamburger... The Motion Picture
How I Got Into College
Iron Eagle
Johnny Be Good
Moving Violations
Nice Girls Don't Explode
Party Camp
Plain Clothes
School Spirit
Solarbabies
SpaceCamp
The Monster Squad
The Night Before
The Prince of Pennsylvania
The Wizard
Tomboy
Vamp
WarGames
Willy/Milly aka Something Special
Wimps

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baseball_Fury06
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4514

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Baseball_Fury06   Email Baseball_Fury06   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow wizard, thats a good list, I was gonna mention "The New Kids" but you beat me to it.
Posts: 30 | From: San Antonio Tx | Registered: Jan 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How 'bout SECRET ADMIRER?
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80sMovieKing
Rewind Curious
Member # 4471

Rate Member
Thanks for your suggestions everyone! I'm definitely going to check these out.
the_haimster
Rewinder
Member # 4485

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for the_haimster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot a good one called "Dance til' dawn"

Just out of curiousity what did you think of the movie "3 o' clock high?"

Posts: 45 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taximan
Rewind Curious
Member # 4678

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Taximan   Email Taximan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't forget 'Better off Dead'
Posts: 7 | From: Vancouver. BC, Canada | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rowan79
Rewind Curious
Member # 4357

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Rowan79   Email Rowan79   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about Welcome Home, Roxy Carmichael...great campy film with Winona Ryder, post Heathers, pre Edward Scissorhands
Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home