iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Black Hole

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Black Hole
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son and I are watching the Science Channel and they are talking about "real' black holes, and it is really interesting to him, and I told him there's a movie called the Black Hole, but I can't remember it at all. Does anyone else remember it??
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://imdb.com/title/tt0078869/
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah it was a Disney Movie with Anthony Perkins
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hated that movie!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Tia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was a HUGE fan of the black hole when it came out around 79. my fourth grade class picture i'm wearing a black hole sweatshirt.

it's actually a pretty dreadful movie, kinda a retread of forbidden planet with lots of star wars rippin' offness thrown in. the big scandal surrounding BH, as i recall, was that it was the first ever PG disney movie. i could be wrong, but i seem to remember a lot of people talking about it.

the special effects with the black hole itself i thought were pretty good, though. i liked a lot of the model work.

Posts: 201 | From: Witch Mountain | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard of that movie. I wanna rent it sometime.
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Tia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's not good but i didn't get bored. i think it's interesting as sorta a historical 70s curiosity.
Posts: 201 | From: Witch Mountain | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was stoked to see this movie as a kid, but it was so Disappointing. I'll take Space: 1999 anyday over this movie. They had a cool blackhole episode.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
I was stoked to see this movie as a kid, but it was so Disappointing.

Me too...I was expecting more. Good Special Effects on the Black Hole thing. In this type of Disney Films I liked Tron better.
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TRON rocks out loud! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by The Mouse Avenger:
TRON rocks out loud! [Big Grin]

LOL!!! Yeah [Big Grin]
Canyoudigit The Sequel
Master Rewinder
Member # 4506

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit The Sequel   Email Canyoudigit The Sequel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just how good were those robot figures from The Black Hole. Hated the movie, loved the toys.

And yes Tron kicks more *** than Jet Li.

Posts: 109 | From: Bopping my way back to Coney! | Registered: Jan 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok...I'm the oddball here. I absolutely loved The Black Hole. I had the toys and the models and I remember seeing it at the theater when I was probalby in the 6th grade. My dad took me and my best friend to see it. I thought the F/X were just awesome! I loved the robots and those cool double-barreled laser pistols the enemy troops had. I thought the cast was awesome too.
I thought the movie totally rocked except for the ending. I admit that the ending was pretty lame. It was like a bad acid trip.
I think there should have been more to that.
I remember my first trip to the Disney/MGM studios in Orlando...it was the 1st year the park was open around '88 or '89...there was a collectibles store when you entered the park that sold movie posters, autographed stuff and original movie props. They had one of those cool pistols from the movie for around $350. Man, I wish I would have had the cash at the time to get that sucker! Sweet!

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
I was stoked to see this movie as a kid, but it was so Disappointing. I'll take Space: 1999 anyday over this movie. They had a cool blackhole episode.

i love the first season of space 1999. a lot of people dig maya, the shapechanger, but i think that's when the show jumped the shark, when they introdyuced her in the second season.

quote:
Originally posted by bigfoot:
Ok...I'm the oddball here. I absolutely loved The Black Hole. I had the toys and the models and I remember seeing it at the theater when I was probalby in the 6th grade. My dad took me and my best friend to see it. I thought the F/X were just awesome! I loved the robots and those cool double-barreled laser pistols the enemy troops had. I thought the cast was awesome too.
I thought the movie totally rocked except for the ending. I admit that the ending was pretty lame. It was like a bad acid trip.

oh, i worshipped it when it came out. if you watch it again it's definitely got some real groaners in it. it does, though, have moments where the special effects are really amazing.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home