iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » April Fool's Day....Rewind Movie Night (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: April Fool's Day....Rewind Movie Night
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nice Guy Sammy_Hain:
got a hockey game to go to tonight so I'm going to have to cordially pass.

Sam we said watch "April Fool's Day", not "Friday The 13th: Part 3", but that works because I've seen what you wear to hockey games before...ha. [Eek!]
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
STU-I am so glad you liked the movie. I think it is cool we all watched it, I think we did great with getting alot of people to watch it, a few other people I know who aren't on the Rewind, also watched it that night, so I think it was a cool thing.

Valley-I think Deborah Foreman did a great job in it too...I thought the acting in it was great, for the type of movie it was. I want it to be believable....I just watched a piece of Christmas with the Kranks again the other day, and the acting is so bad in that movie, it is so stupid...every line sounds like they are reading it...there's no emotion....I like movies that feel like that's exactly what that person would have said, and they know their lines so well that it just a regular conversation, that's what a movie should be.

We should try another movie night again soon.

Anyone have an idea for a movie???

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stu1984
Master Rewinder
Member # 3248

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for stu1984   Email stu1984   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ISIS, I think having Rewind movie nights would be cool !!

Whatever the movie is though, be sure to let me know like, a week in advance, so if I don't have the movie I can order it and get it delivered in time [Big Grin]

Posts: 226 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
STU-Do you have Secret Admirer??? That's a good one.

I should go watch Mannequin, I saw you just watched it, I bought it on DVD...but I haven't even taken it out of the plastic yet, I should, cause it's been so long since I saw it, so I should watch it again. I remember seeing it at the movies.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
quote:
Originally posted by imawalkingcorpse:
I looked for this in my collection and I don't have it [Eek!] . I guess I will have to go to best buy tonight or over to a warehouse music to see if they have it used.

With a haunting name like imawalkingcorpse, you should be able to scare up a copy by tonight! [Eek!]

Link To Rewind Review of "April Fool's Day"

I couldn't find the darn thing anywhere on Saturday night. Ohh well I had to order it, it should be here tomorrow.
Posts: 199 | From: Overland Park | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stu1984
Master Rewinder
Member # 3248

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for stu1984   Email stu1984   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
STU-Do you have Secret Admirer??? That's a good one.

I should go watch Mannequin, I saw you just watched it, I bought it on DVD...but I haven't even taken it out of the plastic yet, I should, cause it's been so long since I saw it, so I should watch it again. I remember seeing it at the movies.

No I haven't ISIS, but I have just read the page for it on here and it looks really good.

I'll buy it this weekend. I've limited myself to £15 worth of movies a week now, and i've spent that already. I can't help myself though, they are so cheap [Big Grin]

Posts: 226 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Who's watching this tonight?

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am. The local hockey team was on tv tonight so I watched it and I noticed we are getting free movie channels this weekend and one of the channels is playing a marathon of April Fools Day. Got lucky since I don't own it. Nice bunch of recognizable figures. I forgot the cast as I haven't seen it since the theater.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had planned to...but just lost steam! *Poor planning as I was actually off work today! In the April Fools spirit...got my son pretty good this morning re: school morning routine. Nothing too creative or classic, but he left the house giggling from his toes. *Mustard on the sink Fawcett when he was brushing his teeth....ketchup on the door knob when he was leaving...and the semi-classic elastic on the sprayer at the kitchen sink (as I knew he'd have to wash off the ketchup!). Good times...
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good job kevdug
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
April Fool
Senior Rewinder
Member # 37390

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for April Fool   Email April Fool   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We just celebrated the 10th anniversary of our Bed and Breakfast, and we opened on April Fool's Day because of my love for this movie, and they did an article and interviews with the cast of the movie for their 30th anniversary, and Ken Olandt mentions me in the write up. I would post the link to it, but it has my real name in it, not that most people don't know what it is, but because I have had past issues with several rewinders I don't know that I want to deal with any of that stuff again. But, some guy who makes horror movies, read the article, and found me on Facebook, and now wants to call me tomorrow to interview me.
Posts: 86 | Registered: Oct 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations!. The B&B looks amazing.
Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
April Fool
Senior Rewinder
Member # 37390

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for April Fool   Email April Fool   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you! It has been 14 years since I first came on the Rewind. Which is right around the time we moved to where we are now. It is crazy how the 80s only last 10 years, and it has been 14 years since I came on here and started talking about how much I missed that time period. This year is my 30th class reunion.
Posts: 86 | Registered: Oct 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home