iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Whic 80's actor/actress do you wish would show signs of life? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Whic 80's actor/actress do you wish would show signs of life?
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mane1980- Me and you like the exact same people! Your pretty darn cool!
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
Mane1980- Me and you like the exact same people! Your pretty darn cool!

LOL! Thanks! :-)
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could come up with a much longer list but most of you guys have already named them but one person who was un - named was.... Ralph Macchio my main man! I loved him as a kid big crush!!!

Micheal Caufield from "Grease 2" he was a hottie as well!=)

Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TresFoxy:
I could come up with a much longer list but most of you guys have already named them but one person who was un - named was.... Ralph Macchio my main man! I loved him as a kid big crush!!!

Micheal Caufield from "Grease 2" he was a hottie as well!=)

Ralph Macchio also!
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What Quentin Tarantino did for John Travolta's career...I would like to see happen for Steve Guttenberg!

That guy seriously needs to make a comeback...

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope nobody minds that I'm reviving this thread.

Regarding Steve Guttenberg...he was one of the contestants on that "Dancing With The Stars". Appearing on that kind of show is a cynical indication that his/her career on its way down. [Smile]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pork pie mcfly

Member # 6802

54 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pork pie mcfly   Email pork pie mcfly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Molly Ringwald
Ralph Macchio

Posts: 235 | From: Hill Valley | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 54  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HeadRusch
Master Rewinder
Member # 3755

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HeadRusch   Email HeadRusch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honestly? Don Johnson.....have the dude drop about 40lbs and have a little touch up work done and he'll look like he's just rolling in his mid 40's.

We need a little more "elder statesmen" in TV and FILM these days, I'm growing weary of the oldest guy in the flick being in his mid 30's [Smile]

Posts: 125 | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First and foremost it would have to be the Chevmeister.  You can kind of tell he feels glum in interviews that he's been pushed aside for younger talent (in his recently released biography, he hints he suspects it stems from an incident in the early 90s where the then head of Warners blew a fuse over who was going to sit where at some fancy dinner in Colorado), and perhaps a hair disappointed he never got to be able to take a dramatic turn as well.  Really he deserves better than what he's being put through now (as any of us brave enough to watch him be utterly humiliated because he's the older guy in last year's apocalyptic Zoom--which he's clearly embarrassed over as well because the biography dismisses it in all of 3 sentences--can attest to).  But then again, it only takes one right role to break it again, and perhaps I personally might be able to help him if my current script ever takes off.  #2 would probably be Bronson Pinchot.  I guess he was understandably concerned about being typecast as the foreigner after his great turns as Serge and Balki, but I for one would like to see more out of the man.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys will probably have no idea who I'm talking about - Paula E Sheppherd from ALICE SWEET ALICE and LIQUID SKY. She made maybe one more minor movie after those really weird cult classics and then fell off the face of the Earth. Supposedly she's a Mom now but, man, would us fans of ALICE SWEET ALICE like to see some pics or at least hear an update on her.

And Ralph Macchio - I like him too!

And throw Molly Ringwald on there for good measure.

By the way - what the Hell aver happened to Emilio Estevez???? We never see him anymore!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool this thread was revived, as for people coming back, it would be Phoebe Cates, even though it would be unlikely seeing as her comfortable home life and businness keeps her content. Just thinking how nice it would be for some former star to come out of leftfield and back in the spotlight, the actors I'm thinking about weren't really A-list back in their day, but wouldn't mind seeing Parker Lewis can't lose alumni Corin Nemec and Billy Jacoby resurface, I even wonder about what the guy who played Biff in Back to the Future is up to. Alex Winter of Bill and Ted as well. I also wonder why Jenny Wright hasn't resurfaced in almost a decade. She had talent, she could of done Anne Heche-like roles.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone mentioned Daphne Zuniga...I'm pretty sure she was Brooke's mom on One Tree Hill this past season.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent posting!

I agree with all of them...

How about Chevy Chase and Dan Akroyd in a movie again (think spies like us)?

Bill Murry is trying... He just divorced... Again...

The cast from Ghostbusters... How about another Ghostbusters... Back from the goo... [Smile]

Or, Molly Ringwald and the cast from Sixteen candles in....... 40 candles... Where is Jake Ryan? Did they get married? Long Duk?

Michael J Fox (if he can do it poor Michael) in Back For The Past!!! Are there ant Delorean's to be found? Wait. I found this...

http://www.delorean.com/ It could be cool...

It could be fun... [Big Grin]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andrew McCarthy.... he was/is a great ****ing character actor, and could/can convey more with a look, than most actors today can with two pages of dialogue!

I know he does a lot of TV work and bit parts, but seriously... why this guy is not an A-lister is beyond me!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And another choice: Joe Pesci, who seems to have dropped off the face of the earth since the dawn of the new milennium. I don't know if he was tired out or couldn't find anything he liked anymore, but he's just got the talent you miss when it's not there to watch, even if it's in large part simply him yelling how he's going to...smash his...opponent's...head out his........well, you get the point.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chris the CandyFanMan:
And another choice: Joe Pesci, who seems to have dropped off the face of the earth since the dawn of the new milennium. I don't know if he was tired out or couldn't find anything he liked anymore, but he's just got the talent you miss when it's not there to watch, even if it's in large part simply him yelling how he's going to...smash his...opponent's...head out his........well, you get the point.

Joe Pesci... He's great. He is great in everything...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missalexis89
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7123

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for missalexis89   Email missalexis89   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
corey haim
kirk cameron
molly ringwald
judd nelson
andrew macarthy
ally sheedy
c thomas howell
thomas wilson brown
lee montgomery
mary stuart masterson
emilio estevez

Posts: 25 | From: newcastle | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obviously Molly Ringwald thinks she needs to get a pulse again too. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i want to see more of jeff goldblum. last i heard or read.. he was going to be in some primetime show but i can't remember the name of it so i never checked it out.

whoever said maxwell caufield..i totally agree.

molly ringwald = no (i've never liked her)
andrew mccarthy = no (because i cannot stand to watch his makeout scenes. he's awful!)

i would want to see deb foreman & joyce hyser comeback.
i was going to say clayton rohner but i just found out that he is going to be in a primetime drama series called DOLLHOUSE with eliza dushu on fox next year!

[Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missalexis89
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7123

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for missalexis89   Email missalexis89   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i actually totally agree andrew macarthy luks lyk he wud b a rlli bad kisser lol
[Smile]

Posts: 25 | From: newcastle | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home