iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Chevy Chase movies witht the name dorita in them?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chevy Chase movies witht the name dorita in them?
TN
Rewind Curious
Member # 4582

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for TN   Email TN   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have come here searching for any info on why the name Dorita showed up in so many of Chevy Chase's movies.
In Three Amegos, Dorita was the pretty girl, Funny Farm it was the previous owner who buried her husband in the back yard (and the dog dug up the bone) and then there was the one movie where Nell Carter played a maid called Dorita, but I can not remember the name of that movie.

What I am most interested in is WHY the name showed up so often. Any knowledge or even good guesses will be apriciated.

Posts: 6 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't remember the name popping up as often. Your last example from Modern Problems is likely right--been a while since I've seen it--but her name in Three Amigos was Carmen, and in Funny Farm, the angry late wife was Eulah.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TN
Rewind Curious
Member # 4582

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for TN   Email TN   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe I got my character mixed up but the name was deffinately in all three movies. I did not think in funny farm that the wife was "late" either. I thought she sold the home and went somewhere fun? The scene I remember hearing the name Dorita in was when the dog brought the bone in to the party. And I thought the explanation was the privous owner had burried her cheating husband in the back yard because she did not want to waste any money planting him anywhere more expensive then she went to tahiti or somewhere to enjoy his money. (Maybe the husband's girlfriends name was Dorita?)
I do have a bad memory about some things.
Was there more than one female in Amigos?
I know I heard the name in all three movies. But I am only here to get advice from people who would know. I am not a movie buff myself. I find most of today's movies horrid and if I were to get in to any movie it would be the great ones from the past like prior to 1995 or so.
So I am glad I found this site... it is interesting. And thanks for your response I will try to rent all three and re-check my facts

Posts: 6 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TN
Rewind Curious
Member # 4582

Rate Member
Is there a list somewhere of all the movies starring Chevy? I am not exactly a fan but I have tried to remember his movies and I can think of one where he was pestering his his ex-wife, Goldie Hawn ? (I can not spell very well) He was hiding from the law and her husband was a promenent something like District Atty or something? But I never knew the name of that one. And of course "Flecht" and it's sequel. But it seems like there were a lot more starring him and I can not believe I have forgotten them.
Booger
Master Rewinder
Member # 4569

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Booger   Email Booger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TN:
Is there a list somewhere of all the movies starring Chevy? I am not exactly a fan but I have tried to remember his movies and I can think of one where he was pestering his his ex-wife, Goldie Hawn ? (I can not spell very well) He was hiding from the law and her husband was a promenent something like District Atty or something? But I never knew the name of that one. And of course "Flecht" and it's sequel. But it seems like there were a lot more starring him and I can not believe I have forgotten them.

The film you're thinking about is Seems Like Old Times . Here's Chevy Chase's filmography: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000331/
Posts: 115 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could also check out the filmography section of the best and only Chevy fan site out there at:

<longlivechevy.com>

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TN
Rewind Curious
Member # 4582

Rate Member
Thanks so much! You know this is a nice place to get info. Thanks everybody. I was so dumb. That filmography thing was great. Take care
Chris the CandyFanMan
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
Any time. We aim to please.
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TN you must be the same one that emailed me about this. I am glad that you found the info that you were looking for on this. You can pretty much find anything on imdb.com as far as movies go.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TN
Rewind Curious
Member # 4582

Rate Member
Yep that was me, thank you for aiming me here (or I sort of followed your post first didn't I) but anyway I appreciate it. This is cool how you all talk about old movies and stuff.

I have a difficult time following most plots in modern movies but some of these older ones are real treasures. Thanks for introducing me to your niche here on the net.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home