iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » what did you guys think of the movie satisfaction? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: what did you guys think of the movie satisfaction?
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Good Package:
its mr laughs!

Bachelor Party?
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just think it's funny is all...... [Smile]

I loved to read what Atomik said...he didn't like the movie....but it was insightful and interesting, well written........awesome insight [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah bachelor party. just popped in my head.

who put this crap in my beer cool-laaa!

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I was that kid I would breast feed until I was 17 or 18.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i could watch that movie twice a week easy

i once watched caddyshack 3 times in one day before i went to work, i was quoting dangerfield all night

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
i dont care for imdb myself

they hate all the movies i like, and like the ones i hate.

i think they hate satisfaction there too though

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Rick, ah we don't have a dog.

That's a shame..that's a waste of some good fat.

I love Bachelor Party.

Caddyshack never gets old for me.

I used to lug 50 pounds of ice up 5,6 flights of stairs.

So what?

So what? So let's dance!

Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you guys ever start wondering why very few people are posting on the Rewind lately.. this thread is a great example. And if you can't see it.. that even explains it better than I can try.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i wouldn't mind checking this one out actually, was not really took in by the trailer which i saw ages ago , but it seems to have a very good cast,i knew liam neeson starred in it but i had forgotten all about julia roberts and never knew deborah harry was in it as well! now running on empty that's one i've definitely got to get round to seeing,hear nothing but praise for it!

[ 09. June 2011, 02:25: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Running on Empty is a great movie. I saw it as a kid and didn't like it but I think that was due to not being able to understand what was happening. I have watched it in the last few years and think it is a great film. Judd Hirsch is great in it too. I don't know why he never got as much praise as what he deserved.
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
i like hirsch too. He should get more work than what he does. him , devito and lloyd were the best on taxi
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry I'm late chimming in Muffy....I love this movie!!!! OK....so the acting is quite horrible....I think this is yet another one of those movies that I watched a lot as a kid, so it's nostaligic for me. Justine is a cutie too.....we'll start a club Muffy!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed Valley!

Kev haha that is great!! let's call it "we love an 80s movie that's cheesy, so kill us club" Thanks for reviving this thread I think I was starting to fall asleep reading quotes from another movie.....oh that's right I just skimmed over it all. [Smile] haha

Another favorite 80s actor of mine is in it:

Scott Coffey!!!
 -

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
If you guys ever start wondering why very few people are posting on the Rewind lately.. this thread is a great example. And if you can't see it.. that even explains it better than I can try.

Exactly Valley...Negativity doesn't motivate me to respond...it motivates me to leave.
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
dont worry, be happy

whooo-whooo whoo whoo-who-ha-hoo
hoo-ha-hoo ha hoo-whooo ooh ooh

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Good Package:
i have never seen this myself, but i put alot of sock in your guys opinion so should i side step it?

Well..even though i've already stated I'm nit real into this movie. If you haven't seen it, I say give it a watch and form your own opinion. To be honest, the first few times I saw this movie, I thought it was pretty good. Always got a kick out of the Billy character. Figures I'd go for the pill poppin' junkie of the bunch..lol. But once the movie takes off into the whole "Lolita" love debacle with Neeson & Bateman is where I begin to lose interest. So, on a whole, it's not a bad movie storywise if you like this sappy kinda stuff. I just think I would have enjoyed it more if both the cast and the soundtrack were a bit more on key.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to see Satisfaction in the theater. I liked it then, I like it now. I loved seeing Julia Roberts playing bass in a band! Why people hate on this movie is beyond me. It's a nice little popcorn movie.
Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For my part, I would purchase it and watch it whenever I wanted to.

I wouldn't write a Rewind review of it, but.

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the thing about Satisfaction, it didn't satisfy. I caught it on tv in the last few days so I let it ride & kinda watched it again but the same outcome for me. I am a huge Bateman fan too! Absolutely love love love Jason Bateman! I wanna marry him & have his children, lol! I also always enjoyed Justine on Family Ties but how SHE was cast as the lead singer in this movie baffles me?!?! Her voice is, I'm sorry, terrible. I just can't wrap my head around it...she had an attitude but she just didn't win me over with her band... [Frown] I really wanted to love this film...darn.
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason Bateman is one of the most underrated, gifted comic actors around. He's just terrific in the current "Horrible Bosses," was great on "Arrested Development," and was about the only good thing about "Extract." He's a master of the reaction shot--really effective with his "oh no, not again" expression when things go to heck around him. [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Cindy, Jason and I are already married with 2 kids! [Big Grin] haha Seriously though, I also love Jason Bateman. *swoon* Awww you didn't care much for Satisfaction? Justine was not my favorite in this.. she was one of my least favorite characters,..her and Julia Roberts. I liked Liam, and Billie!

I haven't seen "Horrible Bosses" but I am sure I will. He was also in "Paul" which comes out on dvd soon, he was great in that one too.

Back to the movie, the one thing I love most about the movie, was the music, true Batemen's voice was blech.. but still.. and one of best songs played in the movie, was "Stimulation" by the group Wa Wa Nee.

http://youtu.be/L4U3Maj2JGM

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home