iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Once Upon a Time in America

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Once Upon a Time in America
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have four hours of spare time this is one quality movie to watch.

Directed by the great Sergio Leone and starring the always beyond awesome Robert Deniro.

Truly one of the great gangster movies of all time.

anybody else like this classic?

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Saint_in_London   Email Saint_in_London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I love this film. And as you say its a long one. Took me about 3 watches to get the whole story straight, the way it flips between past and present. I love the BIG scences of New York, just the way its filmed. I've downloaded some of the Ennio Morricone's score on MP3 too. I hear the book - Harry Grey's The Hoods on which this film was based is great too, I'll get around to reading that to one day.

James Woods is also very cool in this....

And Jennifer Connelly is so young........

Just got this from IMDB:

In the very early stages of the production (the mid-1970s), 'Gerard Depardieu' was supposedly in line for Max or Noodles

Richard Dreyfuss was reported also to be in consideration for Max. According to Leone, over 200 actors auditioned for that part.

Joe Pesci originally auditioned for Max, but Sergio Leone convinced him that he wouldn't be quite "right" for the part. As a favor to Pesci's friend Robert De Niro (the star of the film), Leone told Pesci that he could pick whichever of the available roles he wanted as his own instead. He chose the part of Frankie, which was considerably larger in the original script than it is in the finished movie.

Posts: 226 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home