iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » TAPEHEADS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TAPEHEADS
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was flipping through the channels the other night and I came across this late 80s flick that starred John Cusack and Tim Robbins. I went ahead and recorded it and have't seen it yet, but I figured hey 80s and Cusack so can't be to bad!

Has anyone seen it? ISIS said she never heard of it.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just checked it out over at IMDb and it sounds like something I came across once while channel surfing.

here's The Link at IMDb

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I own this movie on DVD. What an obscure little jewel from the late '80s!!!!! I absolutely love it! Being in the video productions field myself, this one is extra special to me.
Trivia... when you see them film a video for a band singing a song called "Baby Doll," it is actually Devo doing the singing.
My favorite part is when they become famous for making the "Funeral" video. When you watch it you will know what I'm referring to.
Awesome movie, great performances by Cusack and Robbins. If you haven't seen it I highly reccomend it.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BABBBBBY DOLLLLLLL!!!!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a pretty good movie considering that it stars 2 actors whose politics I totally (bleep)ing loathe...They would probably loathe my politics also.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Always loved this movie. Cusack and Robbins are so over the top in it. I love the security guard thing, and Cusack and Robbins have really cool chemistry. They should work together again. A bunch of hilarious cameos and hilarious videos, it always crack me up.

So I guess Robbins and Cusack's politics gravitiate towards the left?

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah they are so far left I think it's a new directional term. I think you could call them "to the left of the left." I totally disagree with their politics. And how can Tim Robbins preach peace when he stars in movies with constant violence is beyond me. I liked War of the Worlds, but I found it quite ironic when it first showed him in the movie with that gun....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so excited to see this one because it will be the first time and I love getting a hold of 80s stuff I haven't ever seen. I'll let you know when I have a chance to watch it!!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home