iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF..... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF.....
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Open Air Concerts and Trick or Treat on DVD..? My kinda people!

However, forget Ozzfest and Motley Crue, you guys need to get over here for the 5 day extravaganza that is the DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL!!!

I'll even rustle up the food on the old camping stove for a real treat!!!

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Good topic. I like a lot of odd movies, so there are a few people that like the same odd movies that I do. Decisions... Decisions.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard alotta good things about Download. Didn't they do some sort of combination show last year with Ozzfest or is that another big festival I am thinking about?
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MotleyRulz:
I've heard alotta good things about Download. Didn't they do some sort of combination show last year with Ozzfest or is that another big festival I am thinking about?

Yes, what is this Download Fest and where is it held? I heard they're having a metalfest in Germany, I think in June, with some great old bands, one of which is Whitesnake. I'll bring the beer, Noms can bring the steaks, and Motleyrulz can bring the steak sauce and chips!
Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:

I can't believe how many people have not seen Valley Girl. It played so much in the 80's on HBO, it was on constantly with The Last American Virgin and Fast Times.

We did not have HBO or any of those pay channels when I was growing up- we were lucky to have the cable! My dad had it shut off when I went to college. We did not have a lot of money when I was growing up. (I paid my own way through college, and I didn't have cable tv there either!).
Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Tia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've never seen valley girl, i don't think. although it's on my queue.
Posts: 201 | From: Witch Mountain | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It played on regular tv all the time too, that's how I got it taped, I had the edited version for years, but that was better than nothing.

Mr. Tia- you need to see Valley Girl.
Me and you can watch "Escape to Witch Mountain" and reruns of Hello Larry together. [Big Grin]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Tia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'll bump it on my queue.

oo! oo! how about "james at 15/16"? that's supposed to be quite excellent.

Posts: 201 | From: Witch Mountain | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take it Kim is in that?? I never saw it...so I am up for anything. [Big Grin]
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MotleyRulz:

Download is a five day festival (although the music only lasts 3)held at Castle Donington, Nottingham and yes, last year the Ozzfest played on Saturday. The 3 headliners last year were Feeder (wtf?) Black Sabbath and System of a Down. With over 80 bands spread over 3 days over 3 stages there was something for everyone.

I will start my Download 2006 thread once they announce the headlners. So far only Prodigy (wtf?), Trivium and Bullet For My Valentine are confirmed but I believe the launch party is today!!!!

Germany has its own festivals (Rock Am Ring, Wacken, Fury Fest etc) but to me, Donington is the spiritual home of rock...

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlewings
Senior Rewinder
Member # 2637

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for littlewings   Author's Homepage   Email littlewings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's so many movies out there to choose from, but if i had to pick one to sit down and watch for the evening it would be 'April Fool's Day', thats one brilliant movie!!!
I'd invite Isis and the gang to bring the popcorn, and fluffy cushions to hide behind [Smile]

Sue xx

Posts: 88 | From: West Mids, UK | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's alot of metal festivals to choose from too...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd watch some kinda wonderful with the Duck.

I reckon I might go to Download this year, but I fancy Glasto and Reading too, so I may just have to be permanantly caked in mud this year.

Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In fact Im seeing him on Thursday so we may spin the dvd that is SKOW.
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Earth Angel:

Awwww, shucks - I'm touched!

I'll bring the paintbrush and greasy overalls, and you can bring the drumsticks and "boys underpants" [Big Grin] [Wink]

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit The Sequel
Master Rewinder
Member # 4506

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit The Sequel   Email Canyoudigit The Sequel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronnie, so I could get the chance of seeing Don't go To Sleep. [Smile]
Posts: 109 | From: Bopping my way back to Coney! | Registered: Jan 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Littlewings...where ya been??? What's CAE doing??

I am all for a group viewing of April Fool's Day!!!

deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CrashesParties n TheValley:
To Be HONEST..i would just love to be able to sit down and watch Valley Girl with someone that enjoys the movie just as much as i do [Frown]

I already have a Valley Girl date with Lisa and Valley (thanks Lisa, btw!! [Big Grin] [Smile] ) , but I haven't seen Scarface yet either - will you watch it with me? I'll bring the beer!
Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Not me? [Frown] [Confused]
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But Paul, watching it with the Duck is the happy ending he never got in Pretty In Pink. Otherwise, I'm sure you were her first choice.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
Well, that goes without saying.....infact..scratch what I said before.....I'd watch SKOW with Paul and PIP with the Duck...now I think about it, it's an obvious choice.

And Girls just wanna have fun with Muffy, and Teen Witch with Rainbow and Valley Girl with Isis, and...well....the list goes on.

Lets just hire out a cinema and we can all go.

Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Angel I so didn't type Girls just Wanna cause it's so just a given in my mind..... [Big Grin] We will watch it!
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Valley- Your going to be so "goofed" up after me and you watch Breakin, that I have to move on to other people to let you catch your breath! [Razz] [Wink] [Big Grin] But, you can guarantee "I'll be back"!!! Cause....There's No Stoppin Us!! (No one does it better!!)
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well, that goes without saying.....infact..scratch what I said before.....I'd watch SKOW with Paul and PIP with the Duck...now I think about it, it's an obvious choice.

Hey - don't I get a say in this?! [Wink]

I was looking forward to singing "Miss Amanda Jones".......

.......now it looks like I'll have to go for "Try a little Tenderness", while sliding across the living room floor in a pair of white crepe soles! [Big Grin] [Eek!]

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
Again????? [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home