iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Is It Me Or Should It Have Been Memorex?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is It Me Or Should It Have Been Memorex?
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While watching the credits in "Valley Girl" last night it suddenly dawned upon me that a couple of songs from the movie I saw in the theater had changed on the DVD. I know for a fact that when Randy is hiding out in the shower in the theatrical version the song "Who Can It Be Now" by Men At Work is playing. Also, in the theater when Randy dedicated the song to Julie and the announcer says "Come back soon ya know", the song "Do You Really Want To Hurt Me?" by The Culture Club started playing, but now it's replaced by "Eyes Of A Stranger" by Payolas.

So inspired by Matthew Hollins & Riptide's missing DVD scenes from the movie "Hot Dog" discussion. I pulled out my old barely playable VHS copy of "Valley Girl" late last night and discovered a few more things. First, I confirmed that "Who Can It Be Now" was playing while Randy was hiding in the shower. Second, "Do You Really Want To Hurt Me?" was in the end credits, but not on the VHS either. And Finally, a couple more songs "He Was Really Sayin' Somethin'" by Bananarama and "Town Called Malice" by The Jam are listed in the VHS credits, but I don't remember them from the movie.

Has anyone else noticed this stuff?

-------------------------------------------------

Speaking of deleted scenes or scenes that are different than your mind recalls. I watched the DVD version of the movie "Can't Buy Me Love" recently and when Ronnie is in the car with Patty and she shows him her rhododendrons [Wink] , you don't see them. However, I recall that they showed one her rhododendrons when I originally watched this movie. This doesn't make a difference in the movie, but it was memorex moment type thing. Does anyone else remember that scene?

Do you have DVD moments like this as well?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night I watched the DVD verson of Valley Girl, I always knew there were differences between the VHS version, but I couldn't remember what they were. I don't know why they want to shuffle the songs for different scenes, but I'm sure there are other VHS to DVD transfers that they did this too. Anyone ever have the DVD and VHS cued up with each other at the same time to spot the differences? Thanks for the tip Valley, will have to check out Can't Buy me Love.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what you mean, cause Cindy and I said that about Private School having a different song on the VHS version than what it probably was on HBO. Cause I know I first saw it on HBO in the 80's...and it had the Da, Da, Da song on it.

But, I totally forgot that until Cindy said about it, and then I knew exactly what song she was talking about. Sometimes I never catch on to stuff like that, cause I have seen the movie so many times, that alot of times I am doing other stuff and don't pay as close attention to detail any more to the movie.

On the other hand....

It could be just you...... [Razz] [Razz] [Big Grin]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home