iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Title of this movie...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Title of this movie...
kriahl
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2843

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for kriahl   Email kriahl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been searhing for it for a while now. It is similar to Revenge of the nerds (it is not Revenge of the nerds 1 or 2). The only scene I can remember is when they travel in a yellow bus going to a quiz competition (I think it was a quiz competition). I think Timothy Busfield (Poindexter/Revenge of the nerds had a small roll his first appearance was on the bus in this movie, not sure though). I also have a faint memory of DJ Qualls being in the movie (no, it's not Road Trip either) but I can't find any movie of them both being in it (maybe Timothy Busfield only had a small part and never was mentioned in the cast). I also remember the busdriver got crazy of the passengers "noise" driving into a lake (or water of some sort).

Any ideas? Thanks, appreciate it [Smile]

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
??? I did some research and I don't find that they were listed in any movie together at all? Are you sure it was Timothy Busfield?? Do you have any other info that might help?
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kriahl
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2843

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for kriahl   Email kriahl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No sorry. That was just what I said "I think Timothy Busfield had a small roll, not sure though". Also I'm not sure DJ Qualls was in it either. One of them might had been in it though. What I'm sure of is they travelled in a yellow (school?) bus and the busdriver got crazy of the passengers "noise" driving into a lake (or water of some sort).
Posts: 16 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was it a camp movie like Meatballs or Ernest Goes To Camp?
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kriahl
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2843

Rate Member
Nope. And I'm not 100% sure but it could have been a movie from the 90's aswell..

But I clearly remember that hillarious scene when that bus drove off the road into the water. So if someone has seen this movie they should remember which one I mean (if you're not that senile that I am that is) [Smile]

pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was it National Lampoon's Senior Trip? The kids won an essay contest and went to DC. Chong from the Cheech and Chong movies was their bus driver and he OD'd at the wheel.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kriahl
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2843

Rate Member
Yes might have been that one. Just have to find it now to check it out. Thanks for your help.
kriahl
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2843

Rate Member
Yes it was National Lampoon's Senior Trip. Thanks dude [Smile] I though Danny Smith (Barry 'Virus' Kemmer/National Lampoon's Senior Trip) was Timothy Busfield (Poindexter/Revenge of the nerds).

Hillarious movie [Smile]

Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice one Pettyfan! We should start a thread called "Stump The Rewind" and challenge people to ask about 80's movies to see if we give them the title. This one was extremely difficult because they gave a wrong name and it's from 1995, but you get the idea.

Btw, has one ever seen "Senior Trip" from 1981 with Scott Baio?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh heh. I'm quite proud of myself. [Wink] I've seen this movie like six times so it was pretty easy.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home