iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Purple Rain Rocks My World! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Purple Rain Rocks My World!
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does it rock anyone else's? [Wink]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mouse Avenger:
Does it rock anyone else's? [Wink]

BTW, the page for it was very informative! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Also, what's your favorite scene in the movie?

Out of all my fave scenes, I have to say that my top #1 would be the Lake Minnetonka scene... [Wink]

rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "Lake Minnetonka" scene gets my vote also...Then again, I am a guy.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by rocksteadyflamethrower:
The "Lake Minnetonka" scene gets my vote also...Then again, I am a guy.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

LOL!
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
You know, when I first saw this movie, I had to hide my eyes during the part when the Kid's dad shot himself...

Talk about having your heartstrings pulled. And I was 16 then...

Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hadn't watched this movie since the 80's until about 2 years ago and it was even better than I remembered. Morris Day & The Time almost stole the movie from Prince, but he took it back with his music. I would have rather seen Vanity than Apollonia in the movie, but it was great nonetheless.

What Time Is It?....Time to watch Purple Rain Party People!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
What Time Is It?....Time to watch Purple Rain Party People!

Right-o! [Big Grin]
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When the movie first came out my favorite song was "When Doves Cry", but now it is probably "I Would Die 4 U" followed by "The Beautiful Ones".
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
I like all the songs. [Smile]
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never gotten sick of When Doves Cry, I play that song on my jukebox at least once a week. But, I think my favorite song from the movie is Take Me With U....but "I Would Die 4 U" was the song I loved seeing him perform in the movie. Morris Day made the movie to me, I thought he was hysterical. Him and Jerome were quite the couple, I think they are one of my favorite on scene duos next to Turbo and Ozone (which I watched Breakin last night....so I had to throw them in here) [Razz]

I loved the Purple motorcycle...I had always thought they were cool since Batgirl drove one.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Morris & Jerome cracked me up, too! [Big Grin] I'm constantly quoting the "password" scene in front of my friends at school... [Big Grin]

I thought the purple bike was cool, too. [Smile] I remember asking my mom to buy me one after the movie was over, LOL!

You know, I heard Prince still drives that purple motorbike...maybe, when I meet him, he'll let me ride it with him! [Big Grin]

The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Who else likes this movie? [Wink]
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
I just saw the When Doves Cry video on the NPG Music Club (of which I am a proud member! [Big Grin] ), & it was simply beautiful... [Smile]
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
I also saw the other videos oon the DVD. I jst wish they put deleted scenes on there... [Frown]
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was never really a big fan of the song when doves cry, but it's still one of his biggest songs. i also didn't care too much for let's go crazy, but i have to admit, that it's a great song to open the movie up with. i like the clothes in the film. everyone pretty much was stylin!
the performance of purple rain itself in the movie, is awesome. especially when prince is sitting at his dad's piano, playing a solo version of purple rain just before the ending scene.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Yeah...he looked cute in that scene! [Big Grin]
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Strike that--he's cute in every scene....(melts) [Big Grin]
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
You know, the DVD was great, but it's still lacking a few things...
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Mouse Avenger. It seems that you are having a great conversation with yourself.

For some reason I have a feeling... Call it a hunch... that you like Prince. I know, I know, where do I come up with such knowledge???

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
1. No, just adding to the conversation for everyone else to put in their 2 cents. [Wink]

2. Ding-ding-ding! You're correct! Prince is my most favorite musician ever! [Big Grin]

The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Who are your favorite characters in the movie?

I personally like:
1. The Kid
2. Morris Day
3. Jerome
4. Apollonia
5. Wendy & Lisa
6. Jill

The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Not to mention Matt Fink. [Smile]
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Also, I think The Kid was totoally cute! [Big Grin]
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
OK, OK, I'm not gonna lie. I thought he was flat-out sexy... [Big Grin]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home