iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Who Likes The Great Mouse Detective? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Who Likes The Great Mouse Detective?
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a huge fan of this '86 Disney movie called "The Great Mouse Detective". I just wanted to know if anyone else liked this movie. [Smile]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like that movie but i usually love all of the older disney stuff [Smile]
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of GMD, I wrote up a page for this movie, so more people can learn about it!

TGMD is so sadly underappreciated, after all...

Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the movie was really cute and clever. Loved the dog, such a cute character. Sometimes it got a bit scary, especially with the giant toys.
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Spooka Lupa:
I thought the movie was really cute and clever. Loved the dog, such a cute character. Sometimes it got a bit scary, especially with the giant toys.

1. The movie is well-known for being cute & clever. [Big Grin]

2. Toby is cute! I named my own dachsund after him. [Smile]

3. If anything in GMD was scary, it was Ratigan & Fidget! Because of them, I couldn't watch the movie for most of my childhood...until I was 15!

rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mouse Avenger:
Speaking of GMD, I wrote up a page for this movie, so more people can learn about it!

Aw, phooey. I wanted to do that page.

I must agree that this is a great movie. I'm going to ask for it for Christmas and relive some childhood memories.

I look forward to reading your page.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by rocksteadyflamethrower:
quote:
Originally posted by The Mouse Avenger:

Aw, phooey. I wanted to do that page.

I must agree that this is a great movie. I'm going to ask for it for Christmas and relive some childhood memories.

I look forward to reading your page.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Glad to hear of it. [Smile]
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
And speaking of my GMD page, I can't wait to see it myself! Golly, it takes so long for things to get put on there...
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
You know, I love this movie so much, I wanna make an actual sequel to it! [Big Grin]

But that'll happen later on, when I get my dream job at Disney. In the meantime, I'll just ask who your favorite character or what your favorite scene is.

I like all the characters, but my top 3 faves are Olivia, Basil, & Ratigan (so sexy...)

And I like all the scenes, especially the one with the giant toys.

The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
You know, I go by my name "The Mouse Avenger" when writing GMD fanfics. [Wink]
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Anyone else wanna reply? We'd love to hear what you have to say about this wonderful gem of a movie! [Big Grin]
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do know that they originally wanted Madonna to sing "Let Me Be Good To You". How do you think that would've sounded?

Do you think it might've sounded better if it were performed by Vanity instead of Melissa Manchester?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will have to check this one out Mouse Avenger because I have never seen it. Thanks for posting a page on it that will help me to see what it was about!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by rocksteadyflamethrower:
I do know that they originally wanted Madonna to sing "Let Me Be Good To You". How do you think that would've sounded?

Do you think it might've sounded better if it were performed by Vanity instead of Melissa Manchester?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Perhaps so. Just imagine...Vanity singing "Let Me Be Good To You"! [Big Grin] That would have raised some eyebrows, I'll bet...
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Jessie the Sunflower Goddess:
I will have to check this one out Mouse Avenger because I have never seen it. Thanks for posting a page on it that will help me to see what it was about!

(cackles like Fidget)
No problem! [Big Grin]

The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
BTW, has anyone ever considered wanting to see a sequel or TV series to this movie?

I know I have! [Big Grin]

The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
I can't wait to see my GMD page on this website, like I said! [Big Grin]
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
BTW, anyone ever read my GMD stories? [Wink]
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Or visited my GMD website? [Smile]
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Speaking of GMD, what do you think of the DVD cover?
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
I like it. [Smile]
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
The reason I asked is because a lot of people think it's too cute...
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Anyone ever visited the other GMD websites? Do tell me!
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Well, the page is finally up. Is there anything anyone wants to add to it, out of curiosity? [Wink]
Danijel81
Rewind Curious
Member # 4525

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Danijel81   Author's Homepage   Email Danijel81   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings Mouse Avenger!

It's quite funny, you mentioned two movies that i have special relation to. "The Great Mouse Detective" was actually the first movie I watched in a movie theater, while "The secret of Nimh" was the first video I (legally) owned. Especially the last one impressed me. Last time I watched, was some years ago when I had to get rid of my VHS-collection. It´s a shame Don Bluth never had the same success as the Disney-Studios. As a child I really appreciated his work(I actually still do), for their depth compared to all the other silly child-movies. Since his last movie "Anastacia", I haven´t heard anything about further projects. As far as I know, his is studios are closed. Does anybody know what he does nowadays?

Posts: 1 | From: Frankfurt/Germnay | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home