iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Ladykillers--Made for TV Movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ladykillers--Made for TV Movie
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know whether this would be better placed here or in the music forum. Anyway, this late 80s made of tv movie is about a cop that goes undercover as a stripper to find out who has been murdering male strippers. Dr. Michael Mancini starred, sorry can't think of his name, and Marilu Henner, also Susan Blakely and Lesley Anne Down.

But I was wondering about the song that the undercover cop dances to all of the time. I heard it this morning on XM radio--Stay With Me Tonight! Does anyone know who sings that song??

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ed Marinaro was Dr Mancini.

I saw this movie, or at least SOME of it....but dont remember much. (Are all male stripper movies cheezy or what???)

The band QUIET RIOT had a song called Stay With Me Tonight. Could that be it? (I'll check imdb)

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NONONONONO
Dr. Mancini from Melrose Place

And this is like an RB song.

Yeah it was all Male strippers.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ack! No soundtrack listing on imdb!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Doh! Your right...I just realized thats not the guy who was Dr Mancini....d'oh! Got him confused with someone else.

An R& B song called Stay With Me Tonight. Hmmmmmmmmm? I'll have to think about that one.

I saw this on TV when it first aired...so my memory is pretty rusty.

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Thomas Calabro was DR Mancini.
My bad.

rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could it possibly be "Stay With Me Tonight" by Jeffrey Osborne?

That's the only R&B song with that title I can think of right now.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat
Master Rewinder
Member # 2334

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Fat   Email Fat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep that would be the one John.
Posts: 180 | From: Nor. Cal 510 | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah I knew his voice sounded familiar. Thanks John!
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No problem. It was just a wild guess.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
I heard it again on Satellite Radio!! I am thinking I am going to have to guy his greatest hits CD!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home