iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone seen this one? Is it as gory as they say?
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah it's gory but it's cheaply made, badly acted and not scary just stupid.
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Tia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cannibal holocaust is deeply sick and thoroughly reprehensible and yet weirdly brilliant, in fact. and yes, it's as gory as people say. don't see it unless you have an unusually strong temperament. to be honest it really upset me personally...
Posts: 201 | From: Witch Mountain | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know there is hoopla because they really sacraficed animals while making it. Remember MAKE THEM DIE SLOWLY? I remember in that one they cut up a turtle or something and all the girls in the room with me burst into tears (One guy too!) That was another one that was banned in a lot of countries.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Tia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ruggero deodato insists that all that stuff was faked, the animal cruelty. he apparently had to go to trial because in italy, like here, doing that stuff for movies was illegal. so he brought in these mechanical dogs to show the special effects he used. i want to believe him but rather think he's lying through his teeth.

never got around to "make them die slowly." i tend more in the disney flick direction these days...

Posts: 201 | From: Witch Mountain | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember watching MAKE THEM DIE SLOWLY when I was a teenager - for some reason, I don't know why, I wrote the film's title in red ink 'splashed blood' style on the front of my English book at school and my English teacher asked me if I was 'alright in the head'.... then again, I was the wierd one who sat alone and read comics and horror movie magazines in class.
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
MAKE THEM DIE SLOWLY was a better title than movie. I dont really remember being really impressed with it. But when you're a teen somehow the big bold boast "BANNED IN 25 COUNTRIES" mmakes you just die of curiosity! The most memeorable scene was a girl hanging by hooks from her nipples. And the turltle getting its legged chopped off.
Actually, I think it was one of those video boxes that bragged something like "32 of The Most Shocking Acts You've Ever Seen" so the guys I watched it with would keep count. Everytime something gory happened they would say "Thats #1", "Thats #2", "Does THAT count as #3???" and so on.

Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
ick!

yeah, i still get sucked in by the provocative titles on a regular basis. i had to throw "nude for satan" on my queue a couple months ago because, i mean, come on, what could that possibly mean? what are they talking about? and then i see it and it's not even full of grossout stuff like MTDS, it's just pretty much nothing happens. it was so weird it was sorta hypnotic though. and it put me to sleep real nicely.

raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
funky horror titles? THREE ON A MEATHOOK, CHILDREN SHOULDN'T PLAY WITH DEAD THINGS, BLOOD ON SATAN'S CLAW...
Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
don't forget, "the incredibly strange creatures who stopped living and became mixed-up zombies." great title, apparently, bad film. i've never seen it.
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
We're starting to sound like program directors from MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000.
Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
funny, they actually did TISCWSLABMUZ.
Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
some other fave bad movie names that mst3k made famous:

THE ROBOT VS. THE AZTEC MUMMY
VIKING WOMEN VS. THE SEA SERPENT
TEENAGERS FROM OUTER SPACE
HERCULES AGAINST THE MOON MEN
ATTACK OF THE THE EYE CREATURES (yes, with two "the"s; there was a typo in the credit sequence)
EEGAH!
DEATHSTALKER AND THE WARRIORS FROM HELL
TERROR FROM THE YEAR 5000
BLOOD WATERS OF DR. Z
THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE
AGENT DOUBLE 007 (so, "double double oh seven," when you think about it)

and quite quality cinema all!

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
My favorite MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000 episodes were MANOS: HANDS OF FATE and GIRL WITH THE GOLD BOOTS.
My daughter LOOOOVED when they ragged on THE CREEPING TERROR.

Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
manos! the creeping terror! those movies are just WRONG!

yeah, those are both personal favorites of mine. "where's... where's my dog?" "now, you never had a dog. i don't want to hear any more of this talk about your so-called 'dog.'"

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home