iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie Title (Tag)?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie Title (Tag)?
J4E
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4371

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for J4E   Email J4E   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, at leat I think it was called Tag. Anyone remember a movie about a bunch of college kids and on campus they played a game called tag using those suction cup dart guns. They were assigned a person to assasinate while having to watch their own back. One of the students was going around using a real gun and killing.

Was the movie called tag? Anyone remember who was in that movie?

Posts: 20 | From: Georgia | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was called "TAG: The Assassination Game" and it came out in 1982. It was based on a popular fad of the time. I think it still goes on today, only they use combs as "knives" and "guns".

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, "Tag: The Assassination Game" is a decent movie that stars Robert Carradine & Linda Hamilton. Based a on popular game that broke out on college campuses in the early 80's with a neat twist.

If you like this movie you should watch "Gotcha!" that is based on a similar premise.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4E
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4371

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for J4E   Email J4E   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh that's it. I thought just Tag was too simple. I liked that movie. I was in high school at the time and it launched the popularity of the game in our high school. I was reminiscing with some online friends the night before and this movie came up as we went down memory lane.
Posts: 20 | From: Georgia | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was going to say Gotcha! but when I read that someone started killing, I knew that wasn't it!
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raygunxyz
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1045

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raygunxyz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds cheesy, to bad its out of print and i get rent it [all the video stores in my town got rid of VHS]. Is it an action or HORROR (like imdb reviewer said). Anyways, anyone have a copy they can make...
Posts: 84 | From: Bakersfield, Ca, USA | Registered: Aug 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Tia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds vaguely like "F/X," which had a similar premise, fake death used to cover up a real assassination. it was all about movie special effects but i think at the last minute they loaded the prop gun with real bullets? i forget, it's been a while. another cool 80s movie, though. i THINK it was an 80s movie.
Posts: 201 | From: Witch Mountain | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4E
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4371

Rate Member
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084756/

Plot Outline: Pretending to do research for his newspaper, college student Alex Marsh teams up with the somewhat older Susan Swayze, who he long admired from afar. Susan participates in The Assassination Game, in which every player tries to shoot another with a toy dart gun, until only one remains. While doing his best to win her over, and helping her finding her targets, Alex discovers that this year the Game may be more serious than most contenders realize...

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home