iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » desperately seeking vamp movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: desperately seeking vamp movie
kebarra
Rewind Curious
Member # 4298

- posted      Profile for kebarra   Email kebarra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I am searching for a faboo vampire movie I saw in high school, and while I don't think it is very rare, I can't seem to find it anywhere. I don't know the title or director. Hopefully you can help?

I saw the movie in '92; it would have come out between 83 and 90. It was not low budget but had no big names. The story centers on a police investigation of vampire murders being committed in a major city (probably LA), a female cop who stays up late watching vampire movies, and a wistfully forlorn real vamp in the same city. In the end we find out that a crazed serial killer/vampire hunter has created a blood draining machine and committed the murders to flush out the real vampire, whom he captures. In the surprize twist ending, it turns out that the cop was also the real thing, looking for love. The two vamps defeat the hunter and live happily ever after, returning only to torment him occasionally in the mental institution where he is locked up.

This is my first post here, but I plan to come back- this is the websight of my dreams.

Posts: 3 | From: Provo, Utah | Registered: Sep 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I am so stumped on this one. The only thing coming to mind, of which I know isn't right, is Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Vamp. I hope that you find out some info on it, maybe check out imdb.com and type in some key words and do a search. Hope this helps!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could it be Pale Blood?
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kebarra
Rewind Curious
Member # 4298

- posted      Profile for kebarra   Email kebarra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, tragically, I'm not very tech savy (perhaps computers just remind me that the golden age of the 80s are no more) so I'll take whatever help I can get in terms of movie hunting advice. Maybe rewinders know of some other good movie boards?
The movie that I'm looking for isn't Pale Blood, Buffy, of any movie that major video stores are carrying today. I know this because i've been asking about it at stores for about 6 months; however I did see it on a Blockbuster shelf in 1995.I've also searched Amazon and the imdb with no luck. However my search at the imdb turned up only 22 vampire movies released in the 80s, which I know can't be right, and I didn't know you could search amazon by themes.
I'm also interested in movie recommends and am always on the hunt for romantic gems that weren't huge when they came out like "Crazy Moon" with Keifer Sutherland.

Posts: 3 | From: Provo, Utah | Registered: Sep 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not the original "Forever Knight" pilot movie is it? The one that had Rick Sprinfield in it?
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry, Keybarra, I'm talking about "Nick Knight", not "Forever Knight." I think that may be the movie you are talking about.
Rick Springfield is a vampire cop.
I remember seeing it on tv years ago and I think it might have been made for tv.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
Ok...I looked it up on IMDB and I was right on my earlier post too...apparently Nick Night was a tv movie and then later it was re-made with a different actor as the 1st two episodes of the series Forever Knight. They are both about the same character.
IMDB said the movie also went by another title - Midnight Cop.

I remember seeing the movie and I thought it was cool. I remember that if the sun was coming up and Rick Springfield was caught outside he would get in the trunk of his car and go to sleep.
He kept goat's blood or something like that in his fridge to drink instead of human blood.
It really was a good show. I wouldn't mind seeing it again myself.

Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
I just ordered the DVD of the Nick Knight tv movie from Amazon. It was under $5!
JimBrayFan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3831

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JimBrayFan   Author's Homepage   Email JimBrayFan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was sooo Pale Blood! Wings Hauser played the bad guy.. loved this movie! Wish it was out on DVD
Posts: 90 | From: Long Island | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kebarra
Rewind Curious
Member # 4298

Thanks guys. While these aren't the movies I was looking for they are going on my must-have list.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home