iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Weird Science, The Breakfast club and Sixteen Candles DVD HELP

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Weird Science, The Breakfast club and Sixteen Candles DVD HELP
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard that special edition Breakfast clud, Weird science and Sixteen candles dvds were coming out sometime this year does anyone know if this is true or have any info. I still hanent got these movies on dvd because i heard that they will be packed with special features.
PLEASE HELP
Thanx

Blake

Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

You might be talking about the "High School Reunion" Pack that came out here about 2 years ago. It just has the original soundtracks, nothing new on the DVD though.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DEVO, there's a UK release just around the corner!

Blake, September 12th is the date you're looking for.

You can pre order the set from PLAY.COM or SENDIT.COM, or use the links from this site's home page to go search for the set on Amazon. Using the klinks from our site helps, in a small way, to offset the cost of running the site - whether you buy or not.

BTW - you're looking at around £23.00 for the set.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THANX for your help i cant wait
Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read something about t at Jonh Hughes page that they were releasing a DVD pack 11/1 of this year, but I do not know f in the US, UK or somewhere else or if it's going to be a special editon. When find the page, i'll write the link here.
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kat27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any ideas about Australia? We still can't get those dvd's here.
Posts: 327 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maniac
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3858

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for maniac   Author's Homepage   Email maniac   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kat27:
Any ideas about Australia? We still can't get those dvd's here.

Those two links PaulS provided, mention that they are multi-region versions (R2/R4/R5). So, it is conceivable that they will be available here at some point...hopefully. [Smile]
Posts: 17 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kat27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks maniac, that is great news!
Posts: 327 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
Also stupid question probably - if they are multi-region dvds does that mean that they will play on our dvd players or does it mean that you have to have a multi-region dvd player? I know I sound really ignorant but it isn't something that I've ever really thought about before.
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you can get it played on your DVD player.
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kat it should play on your dvd player if the DVD is multi-regional, but blame Mane1980 if it doesn't work. [Wink] [Razz] Don't ya wish they had a multi-region Valley Girl DVD available?
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard they were planning a multi-regional "Private School" DVD...oops they just cancelled it. [Frown]

I just said that to get Cindy Mancini back on the soapbox. [Big Grin]

"I WANT MY PRIVATE SCHOOL DVD!"

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
quote:
Don't ya wish they had a multi-region Valley Girl DVD available?
Totally! Am dying to see that movie! I have slowly been working my way through your top ten. Got out "Some Kind of Wonderful" again the other day. OMG how young is Eric Stoltz? Am too excited for words about the prospect of the Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles & Weird Science out here on DVD.
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
The best thing to do is buy a multi region dvd player thats what ive done and now half of my collection are dvd's from the US.
The trouble is i always order a dvd from the US and about a month later it comes out over here and its half the price i paid

AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These upcoming DVDs (in the new 3 pack) for Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles and Weird Science are the same ones currently available in the "High School Reunion" 3 pack. (also sold separately) From what I have read, there will be no new extras on the discs, however, an 80s music CD will be included in the new set. (I dunno if it features music form the John Hughes movies, or just general 80s songs, or what...) Only the packaging is different, and it is now called the "Brat Pack Collection". The new packaging has a 3 ring binder motif.
Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home