iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Buying movies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Buying movies
stu1984
Master Rewinder
Member # 3248

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for stu1984   Email stu1984   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you guys go about buying your movies ? Do you have a list, do you buy them when you have some spare money etc ?

At the moment i'm buying all the movies that I have recorded off the TV on DVD which is going to leave me with a lot of blank tapes [Frown]

I then have a massive list of movies that I want to get and basically I will buy one from that list every week. A lot of movies I want to get are in the Movie Smart menu on the left side of the screen.

At the moment there are a lot of box sets I want to get aswell but they are expensive when you want the amount I want [Frown] [Big Grin]

Stu [Cool]

Posts: 226 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Stu,

I have always bought tons of movies, I have at least 300 DVDs in my armoire. I'm actually out of room in it and I have to reorganize. I used to buy any movie that I thought was good, but over time I have changed my strategy as some movies seem to never get watched. My new approach is to buy movies I know I want to watch over and over again or it's a classic at a great deal. Otherwise you end up with movies that are hot at the time, but after you watch it once or twice it just sits there on ya. Oh and I have tons of the good deal movies...the $5 to $10 variety that you go I can buy this as cheap as I can rent it once. It is so awesome how cheap 80's movies are these days. If it's 80's, it is usually a bargain which is great news for all of us.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stu1984
Master Rewinder
Member # 3248

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for stu1984   Email stu1984   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah the 80's movies are really cheap. Most of the ones I own I got for about £4.99. If they are that cheap then I always buy 2 [Big Grin]

I know what you mean about buying a movie because it's hot at the time and then watching them once or twice, I have a few of them. There's always E-bay I guess [Big Grin]

Stu [Cool]

Posts: 226 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home