iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Steven Segal

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Steven Segal
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was in a movie last night that my son and mom were watching on regular TV, I don't know the name of it, but they were liking it.

I think there have only been maybe 2 Segal movies I have ever seen, and I only watched them once, but I might have liked "Hard to Kill" (I hope that was the right title to it).

When he was younger he never seemed really muscular built...for being an action star.

What does anyone think of him?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's an okay action star, but a jerk in real life. He was married to Kelly LeBrock and he often enjoyed roughing her up. That's disgusting. How can anybody beat up on a woman?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Steven Seagal! I never understood why most people hate him so much..

I practiced Aikido for several years and that is where my interest in his movies started.
He may not be the best actor or most lovable guy around. But I prefer him any time over an Arnold, Jean-Claude or Dolph Lundgren. I own most of his movies, starting from Nico/Above The Law (actually, his only 80's movie) till Exit Wounds. But now I think I've seen it all.
My favorite is Marked For Death which has the best 'bone crushing' action scenes I have ever seen.
Hard To Kill is correct Isis. That is the one that also has Kelly LeBrock in it.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J. Chance
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4217

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J. Chance   Email J. Chance   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw, say it isn't so... Steven Seagal was a wife-beater?? I remember once Kelly LeBrock said that he looked like a space alien and that's why she was attracted to him.

I think the last movie I saw him in was "Under Siege." I always liked his acting.

Posts: 77 | From: Up north | Registered: Jun 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
‘Nico: Above The Law’ has to be my favourite Segal movie. I liked ‘Hard To Kill’ and still think ‘Out For Justice' is one of the best urban thrillers in modern cinema, things started going downhill after the atrocious ‘Marked For Death’, ‘Under Siege’ (probably his biggest hit) wasn’t the best either and now Steve does a bunch of those straight-to-DVD movies (which have a reasonable following) ‘Into The Sun’, ‘Foreigner’, ‘Out For A Kill’ and other such “classics”.

First I’ve heard about Segal and domestic violence [Frown] the last Segal movie I saw was ‘Half Past Dead’ which, surprisingly, wasn’t half bad.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home