iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Private Resort...my thoughts.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Private Resort...my thoughts.
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright, I just watched this tonight for the first time and I'm at a loss here. I can't tell you what the hell that movie was about. It started out good and seemed promising because of all the cool people in it but then it just took a turn towards stupidity. Seems like I spent 2 hours watching people run down the same hallway and smash into each other. Oh the mayhem [Roll Eyes] ! I am sad to say I'm disappointed.
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dang...I was hoping it was going to be good, and I would have asked you to send it to me..I need to watch some summer movies bad, before summer is over.

Cindy...did you get Hardbodies yet?? Or watch it yet?? I actually really like that movie. I want to know what you think of it. If you want to borrow my copy let me know.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis, I've watched half of Hardbodies and I do like it. It's way better than Private Resort. I found a copy of it around here. I need to check out Spring Break again. I saw it once but I wasn't sure how I felt about it. My favorite is still Malibu Bikini Shop. Have you ever seen that one?
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No I haven't seen Malibu Bikini Shop...I never even heard of it.

Spring Break is ok...I had got it because Paul Land is in it...and he was in The Idolmaker...and that is a great movie, and I thought he was gorgeous in The Idolmaker, he looked good in Spring Break...but he seemed too feminine or something...his clothes were so nice...that I wish I had them...and it looked like it took him 2 hours to style his hair.

Have you seen Hot Moves yet??

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Spring Break is my favorite of the Beach Movies. A lot of fun. Malibu Bikini Shop was a bit lacking in my opinion.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
Isis, in my opinion, Malibu Bikini Shop is a great little movie. Sure it's cheesy but there's also this really sweet romantic component between 2 of the characters that you want to see develop. I have found that most beach/summer movies lack any real plot or have anybody falling in love. Malibu is different because of that. I am going to let you borrow it cause I know you'll enjoy it.

Devo, a bit lacking? No way man [Razz] !

JeffSpicoli
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2247

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JeffSpicoli   Email JeffSpicoli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first half of Spring Break is great. It then gets a little corny with Nelsons step-father political campaign stuff. I actually saw this movie in the theatre ( was 13..lol)
Its better than private resort and as Devo said its the best beach movie.

Posts: 23 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lastdaysofrain
Master Rewinder
Member # 2542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lastdaysofrain   Author's Homepage   Email Lastdaysofrain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Private Resort is easily the worst of the bunch. I backed up my VHS copy on DVD-R and then sold it on Amazon for about $40.00.

I do love Malibu Bikini Shop though, I actually really liked "Where the Boys are '84" and "Under the Boardwalk" better than Private Resort.

I have to watch it again, but I think that "Hot Resort" was even worse than Private Resort.

Posts: 125 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noblprz
Senior Rewinder
Member # 999

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for noblprz   Email noblprz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Flamingo Kid was a pretty cool summertime movie. No skin, really, but an entertaining flick.
Posts: 98 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's so funny how in depth this disscusion has become......because of cheesy the movies are! but you gotta love them.....I just got to watch Private Resort on my cables "on demand".

I liked it....yeah it was sorta pointless T@A and all....but I liked it. Mr. Depp made it worth watching.

I got Hardbodies not too long ago and haven't finished watching it.

"Where the Boys are '84" is one of my favorites!

I'm in the mood to check out some of these other ones now.

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
Yeah I liked Where the Boys Are 84' too! I may have to track down a copy of this. As for Private Resort, all I can say is Johnny Depp running around naked is a beautiful thing. It's about time the ladies got some [Wink] . I also thought Judy Landers was pretty absurd as usual. Does anyone remember the Landers' sisters from Madam Puppet? That puppet scared the crap out of me [Eek!] !
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Cindy...I watched Malibu Bikini Shop, and I really liked it. I LOVED the clothes. I love the cast too...the thing I like about these type movies is they all have cool houses...and pools, and good looking people, and cool clothes.

I actually thought it was a cute story line...Alan's fiancee was such a nut...she was funny though.

I thought the girl who played Ronnie was really pretty...I love the black bikini she wore with the blue on the sides of it.

I looked her up to see where she is now...and she owns a bra company...that she designs the bras for...

www.sassybax.com

There are pictures of her on there, she still looks great. She has definately aged well, and her bras look comfortable too...I was actually thinking of ordering one.

I liked this pink sweater she had on, it had white lines through it and she had it on with white shorts...I never can find sweaters like that any more. She was wearing it after doing the dishes after they ate the Tuna Sandwich casserole thing.

I liked how they all lived together...we were like that in the 80's. I had 2 other girl roomates, and about 10 guy ones, that came and went, it was so fun. We had people at our apartment every night and during the day too, people were crashed out on our couch.

I liked how they all worked together at the end to make their buisness a success.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home