iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Airplane!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Airplane!
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is on tonight on AMC at 10PM. I haven't watched it in forever...my son wants to see it...so I am thinking about letting him...I remember some of it...but not line for line...I think some of it will be edited for tv.

Just wanted to let people know it was on...incase they didn't know...and would like to see it too.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Surely you can't be serious."

"I am. And don't call me Shirley."

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched it....my favorite part is when they do the Saturday Night Fever scene, I like the girl scouts beating each other up.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny movie. The part with the blow-up pilot was funny.

"Looks like I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue."

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I like my coffee like I like my men...Black!"

Kitten Natividad's appearance is quite a shock. [Wink]

-"What can you make of this?"
-"I can make a hat, or a paper crane!"

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Oh, and Ted's "drinking problem".

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol! Paper crane. I'd forgotten that.
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

It's "I could make a hat or a broach or a Terrodactyl" I know I butchered the spelling of that, but I believe that is how it goes.

Great movie though. You just hang loose blood.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excuse me stewardess, I speak jive.

She be back on da rebound with the medicod.

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
I watched some of it last night--It's still funny. You know uncontrollable flatulence is funny no matter what.
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I picked the wrong week to give up sniffing glue.

My all time favorite Flying High quote is actually from Flying High 2 -

"Doctor, what is you're impression of Mr Stryker?"
"I'm a psychiatrist. I don't do impressions!"

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GoldTransAM
Master Rewinder
Member # 2973

13 Updates!

- posted      Profile for GoldTransAM         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
June Cleaver talking jive. Now that's classic!
Posts: 191 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 13  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I like when Leslie Neilsen keeps coming in and saying...we're all counting on you, and he does it like 3 times, and even after they have already landed.

I also like when the one stewardess is crying, and she says and I am 26 and I have never been married...and the other lady comes in and Leslie Nielsen asks her how she is doing, and she says she's scared, but at least she has a husband.

I think the movie takes the turn for the best when they get Leslie Nielsen...he's the best part of it..I love when the lady beside him says.. excuse me, but I think the man beside me is a doctor, and he's just sitting there with his stethescope(sp?) around his neck.

I think it is ironic that I was just talking about the High and the Mighty because Robert Stack played the one airplane pilot in that movie when he was younger...and he played the guy that talks Robert Hayes down...I like when he is going through the airport and all the people from all the charities are coming up to him asking for donations, and starts punching them all out.

stu1984
Master Rewinder
Member # 3248

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for stu1984   Email stu1984   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This along with the Naked Gun series are my favourite comedies.

A few quotes that have stuck in my head:

-What was it we had for dinner tonight?
-Well, we had a choice: steak or fish.
-Yes, yes, I remember, I had lasagna

-Can you fly this plane and land it?
-Surely you can't be serious.
-I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

-You got a telegram from headquarters today.
-Headquarters.. what is it?
-Well, it's a big building where generals meet, but that's not important right now

The Hospital and ****pit quotes of the above are class too.

Stu [Cool]

Posts: 226 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
Bwaha! Funny stuff. [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home