iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 2005 poll! Top 15 All-Time Favorite 80's Movie Poll Results - The Rewind Has Spoken! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 2005 poll! Top 15 All-Time Favorite 80's Movie Poll Results - The Rewind Has Spoken!
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmmm I'm surprised no one voted for "Hamburger The Motion Picture". That must have broken Devo's heart! [Razz]
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
Very Cool pictures!! (I do mean....Valley's pictures...there were a few "extras" in here I didn't find as cool as the others)- [Razz]

Again....very nice job!

[Wink] [Cool] [Wink] [Big Grin]

As I was the only other poster to put pictures in this thread other than Valley, I think I can safely assume that this was another dig at me. Nice and subtle work there Lisa but I really don't think you should criticise anyone for putting pictures on the threads as you are the biggest culprit. At least I didn't put a million photos of me on unlike some other people I could mention...still I suppose when you have a constant need for praise, photos of yourself work just as well as boring holiday stories...

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mIKE dOLBOW
Rewind Curious
Member # 4261

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for mIKE dOLBOW   Author's Homepage   Email mIKE dOLBOW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I NEED HELP!!!! I believe this is an 80's Movie.I really dont remember much about the movie but i will give it a shot asking the experts. The movie was based On an old man with a large paintbrush that was magic, he would paint a picture of a scary looking house and he could walk through the painting. One specific pat i remember is There were kids in the back of a Work VAN and they used white paint or sugar (not sure) to create a trail back to i believe his house but then street washing trucks camed an washed it away. I SOUND LIKE A MANIAC I KNOW i am so frustrated trying to find the movie title.
Posts: 2 | From: PHILLY | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I don't know the movie, but you might have more luck posting this on your own thread so more people can see it and help you out.
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Razz] [Roll Eyes] [Razz] [Roll Eyes] [Wink] [Big Grin] [Cool]
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kat27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys,
I just wanted to apologise for having my cranky pants on the other night and hope that you will all forgive me!? Great post.

Posts: 327 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat
Master Rewinder
Member # 2334

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Fat   Email Fat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perfect poll there Val. I tip my hat to you for putting the time/effort in to put together that little treasure. Thank you for putting up with us too.

How in the world did I leave off Ferris? Nice call there Fat. Brilliant.

[ 05. August 2005, 17:42: Message edited by: Fat ]

Posts: 180 | From: Nor. Cal 510 | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I wish I had a computer over the summer you soo know that I would have voted for the KARATE KID!!! Valley of all people knows that is true because he alaways picks on me for loving that movie! lol [Big Grin]
Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TresFoxy, your vote for "The Karate Kid" might have just been enough to landed it in the Top 15. But voting for The Karate Kid in every spot 1 to 15 on your poll would have disqualified you anyway. Btw, have you seen any other 80's movies?....and The Karate Kid Part II doesn't count! [Razz]

We need to do a another poll soon.

Wax On Wax Off. [Karate Kid]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'd never heard of either Valley Girl or Sixteen Candles before I came on here and doubt that they even compare to Aliens or Terminator...
Chalk and cheese. Although, 16 Candles was big rental hit over here Noms... you must've slept through that one!

Hmm. A few years ago, 16 Candles would've definitely been lower down the list. Valley Girl wouldn't even have been on it. Largely because most people 'discovered' them through the Rewind (especially true of Valley Girl). Both of those films seem to have been taken up by the retro ladies of the world, whether or not they were a part of their youth. It might be interesting to see the Male and Female ratio, and which way they voted. It might explain the exclusion of 'The Terminator' for something like 'Valley Girl'. Not that I personally prefer the Terminator.

Having said that, it might be even more interesting to see a 'Top 15 films you actually saw in the 80's' list. That would change a lot.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you know , there haven't been any British Films mentioned here.
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am very interested....what did you have in mind?? [Big Grin] [Wink] [Smile]

Oh....you mean a top 15 MUSIC poll??

Oh...okay I am interested in that too. [Big Grin] [Razz] [Wink]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miyagi-Turbo
Master Rewinder
Member # 4340

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Miyagi-Turbo   Email Miyagi-Turbo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry about the other post, didnt know that one existed already. That post is gone. Here is my list.

1.The Karate Kid
2.Big
3.Somewhere in Time
4.Top Gun
5.Gremlins
6.Teen Wolf
7.T.A.P.S.
8.Savannah Smiles
9.The Princess Bride
10.The Outsiders
11.The Karate Kid Part II
12.Romancing the Stone
13.Ferris Bueller's Day Off
14.Stand by Me
15.Goonies

Posts: 203 | Registered: A Long Time Ago! | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BUMP for reference to the 2011 poll.....
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, so i was a part of this poll.. i have absolutely no recollection of doing this!! [Eek!] [Roll Eyes]

but glad i took part in it. haha! i wonder what my list was?

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanted to vote for Jedi this time, but I couldn't justify two votes for SW movies. I also cut Hughes movies to give space for others.

No Lost Boys. What a shift! PiP ranks higher - rightly so. I think we Rewinders tend to choose one or t'other between PiP and SKoW. I refused to make that choice!

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home