iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Return of the Teen Movie....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Return of the Teen Movie....
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay you know how in the film industry we go through different genres of film that are popular. There may be a horror stint where a lot of good horror films come out. Well I think we need a resurrgence of the teen movie. We had it a few years back with 10 Things I Hate About You, Can't Hardley Wait, and the American Pie films.

I thought that I had read or posted one time about someone remaking Porky's. I know that they are remaking Police Academy. I really wish that someone would come up with a really cool idea like this about the 80s and make a totally awesome film.

Does anyone know of anything like that out there?

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

It is my experience that everyone's views of what the 80's looked like is much different than we remember. Watch the old movies and let memories be memories, any fabrication of the old stuff could only lead to disappointment.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is true, but what did you think of Texas Chainsaw Massacre the remake that was set in the 70's. I think they did an awesome job with that one. Maybe it just needs to have the right person attached to the project.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Porky's could be done if it had the right actors, actresses, producers, directors, etc...Jack Black would be good in a movie like that. I also liked the remake of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rancid
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4108

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Rancid   Email Rancid   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Porky's is being remade... I beleive the working title is "Howard Stern's Porky's"
Posts: 17 | From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Teen movies never really go away. The movie Mean Girls was a huge hit just last year. Throw in Dazed & Confused and Drive Me Crazy from the 90's and you quickly realize teen movies are in every decade. It has always been my favorite 80's genre maybe because that was how old I was in the 80's or something.

I was actually in high school when Fast Times At Ridgemont High and Sixteen Candles were in the theaters. I remember everyone doing Spicoli's monologues that year. Our Senior Class Live skit was based on Fast Times with a little of the movie Spring Break thrown in for good measure.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley that is so true! Teen Movies don't go away, but then again they aren't making any teen movies that will last in our memories like they did before.
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a teen flick in a nutshell:

Guy: Party!
(Guy and friends guzzle beer.)
Guy: Wait, I've found a hot chick I think I sort of like.
(Misunderstanding, misunderstanding solved.)
Girl: I love you even though I don't really know you at all but I think you're kinda cute.
(Makeout.)
END

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Obscurus Lupa:
Here's a teen flick in a nutshell:

Guy: Party!
(Guy and friends guzzle beer.)
Guy: Wait, I've found a hot chick I think I sort of like.
(Misunderstanding, misunderstanding solved.)
Girl: I love you even though I don't really know you at all but I think you're kinda cute.
(Makeout.)
END

And a child shall lead them. [Wink]

That has to be the most truthful summary I've seen about your average teen movie.

I would like to think of myself as young at heart. If that's true, then why do I not enjoy current teen flicks as much as I do those from the 80s?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

It's even more odd when you consider I was only a small child during the golden era of teen movies.

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love em...! Teen movies,college movies! I think they're great.Obviously there are always a few which turn out to be stinkers,but overall i think this genre has produced some wonderfully funny and touching movies.
I like the classics obviously like Breakfast Club, St.Elmos Fire,Say Anything etc....
but i also like the newer stuff like Shes All That,10 Things I Hate About You and Mean Girls.Oh and lets not forget the gag fest that is Clueless!!
Yeah...call be juvenile,but i love em.No please call it me!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home